Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Four (Page 106)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  103  104  105  106  107  108  109  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Four
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
e. A nice big couch
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
d. Divan
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
a. Three Bookcases

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Novelty:

Today I went to 4 furniture stores hunting for furniture. What did I end up buying?

a. Three Bookcases
b. A Queen-sized bed
c. Chest of drawers
d. Divan
e. A nice big couch
f. A footstool
g. Some Garden Furniture and a garden gnome
h. A nightstand
i. A pair of coffee tables
j. A coat rack
k. Two tall chairs
l. A La-Z boy recliner

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

i. A pair of coffee tables

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
And Exnihil has it on his first guess! Your question next, Mr. Ex-marine.

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

OK, I'm currently gearing up to run another Survivor game here on Legion World, one of my favorite parts of which is all the Photoshop work. In the first season, though, I had a dickens of a time getting one of the contestants represented in a fashion that I was satified with. Of the Survivor: Marzal contestants, who gave my limited Photoshop skills the greatest difficulty:

1. dedman
2. Fat Cramer
3. Floating Foxlike Creature
4. Gamara
5. kenaustin
6. Lance's Realm
7. Language Arts Lad
8. Lard Lard (now Chief Taylor)
9. Lone Wolf Legionnaire
10. Novelty
11. Quislet, Esq
12. Sketch Lad

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

7. Language Arts Lad
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
10. Novelty
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

8. Lard Lard (now Chief Taylor)

--------------------

Exnihil

Language Arts Lad, while requiring a bit of work, wasn't actually all that difficult. He uses a young boy swimming with a Spider Man inner tube as his avatar, so it was just a matter of pulling a reasonably similar curly haired moppet from a stock photo library, and piecing together the inner tube from different ads. I was actually pretty pleased with how he came out.

For Nov, most of the work was already done for me. At the time, he was using Monkey-Eater Lad's photomanip of Cosmic Boy as an avatar which used actor Matt Long as a base. Once I ID'ed the actor, it was just a matter of pulling a variety of head shots, to capture the right expressions.

For Lardy (That should be Lard Lad, obviously, sorry for the typo) someone (I want to say Set?) had taken a real-life photo of Lardy and did a parody, giving him rockabilly hair and muttonchops. All I really had to do was crop out the background and plop him into whatever scene I needed. I was a little worried about how to use that in a Tribal Council scene, but it wound up being a moot point, as he won.

So if not those three, which contestant presented the Photoshop dilemma?

--------------------

Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

6. Lance's Realm
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll guess myself.

11. Quislet, Esq

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
4. Gamara

Wow, that brings back memories...

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Lance, who didn't use an avatar, was pretty much a blank slate as far as design. Being a child of the eighties, the first thing that occured to me when hearing the name,"Lance" was the pilot of the Blue Lion in "Voltron," so, that's what I went with. There is enough Voltron fan art on the web that I could just pick an image that looked the part and rip it off completely.

Quis, at the time, you were using Mr. Muggles from Heroes as your avatar and, no offense to any pomeraneans out there, but there are a wealth of images from which to choose of dogs who look exactly the same. Just a quick reduction of opacity around the edges and voila, I had a Quis.

The player who did not have a wealth of good images, however, was Gamara. He didn't have an avatar either so, given the name, I decided to give him one in the form of "Gamera" the giant Japanese turtle monster. It wasn't until we started playing that I realized the trouble with having a giant interacting with normal sized players - how do I do the scaling? Most images I found of Gamera were from the waist up, so I couldn't use those without putting him behind trees or something. The one image I did find of his full body was both too small and at too low a resolution to scale up much without it getting completely pixelated. In the end I wound up having to settle for that image, using just a small portion of it, scaling it up less than I would have liked, and applying a ton of blur effect to try to make it blend in. In the end, probably no one even noticed but I was never really satified with how he fit into group shots. C'est la vie.

Next question back to Novelty.

--------------------

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  103  104  105  106  107  108  109  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.