Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » TRIAD: only for serious mindbending! (Page 106)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  103  104  105  106  107  108  109  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: TRIAD: only for serious mindbending!
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Richard the Lionheart
General George Custer
Seth Green

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Normandy.

Richie-the-L invaded Normandy (among other places).

A base named for GG-Custer was a major staging area in the US leading up to the Normandy invasions in WW2.

Seth Green voiced a character on a space ship called the Normandy in a video game called Mass Effect.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Umm... yeeeeeeahhhh, that's what I was going for. [Wink]

(Actually, I just meant that all three were redheads... but that answer was so inspired I've got to give it to Kent.)

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

[LOL]

lemme think up something good. be back later.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Jack Kerouac
Gregory Hines
Bo Diddley

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
A guess "Beat" is the common theme.

Bo Diddley if famous for the Bo Diddley beat
Jack Kerouac is the most famous of the Beat poets.
Gregory Hines, not sure, maybe the beat of his tap dancing

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

good guess, but nope.
Lethargy Lad
Auxiliary Substitute Trainee Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lethargy Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Lethargy Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
Jack Kerouac
Gregory Hines
Bo Diddley

Also all male and all dead, but those are probably trivial similarities.

[ October 09, 2009, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: Lethargy Lad ]

From: La-Z-Boy in Parlor | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

the male part wasn't an intentional commonality.

the dead part is an incomplete but vital part of the actual commonality I am looking for.

Lethargy Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lethargy Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Lethargy Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Still not getting it. After a bit of cheating (aka "research"), I find that Bo and Jack both died in Florida, while Greg died in California. There's two thirds of a set. Here's another -- Messieurs Kerouac and Hines both died from liver related malfunctions (cirrhosis and cancer, respectively), while Mr Diddley gave it up after a stroke and heart attack.

Another clue please?

From: La-Z-Boy in Parlor | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

the commonality in question has nothing to do with any action that took place by them, during their lifetimes or in relation to how they died. It involves a certain type of action taken by others.
Lethargy Lad

Okeh, all were awarded posthumous college degrees, which, of course, are awarded only to the dead.
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

correct, LL!

sorry for my delayed response. Been busy.

Lethargy Lad

Martha Randolph
Harriet Lane
Emily Donelson

Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
I was going to guess that they were all sit-com Moms, (thinking that maybe Harriet Lane was the mother on the Patty Duke Show perhaps) but after I looked her up, I saw that I was wrong.

So I'll make another guess based on that brief bit of research...

They are all related to US Presidents

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  103  104  105  106  107  108  109  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.