Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » TRIAD: only for serious mindbending! (Page 104)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  101  102  103  104  105  106  107  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: TRIAD: only for serious mindbending!
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
They're all things that are famously repeated three times.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Assuming I got that one right...

Ultra Boy
Jetfire
Early Girl

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry, Matthew, it had been a while since I checked this. As you surmised, you were correct on that one.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
Assuming I got that one right...

Ultra Boy
Jetfire
Early Girl

Question: Early Girl the tomato variety?

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Yes.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Okay, well, nobody seems interested in pursuing this, so the answer is:

All three are varieties of tomatoes. (I've seen a picture of the Ultra Boy tomato and it's the same colour as his shirt, and the green stem-leaf part is a reasonable stand-in for the green dragon logo. I can't help but think that it was intentional on the part of the tomato people, or, depending on when the variety was isolated, on the part of the Legion artist.)

Next:

Driver's Seat by Sniff 'n the Tears
Pink Cadillac by Bruce Springsteen
Little Red Corvette by Prince

(and, no, it's not that they're car songs. There's something else.)

--------------------
Legion Abstract

Exnihil

They all reference things happening on "Saturday Night"

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Matthew E
Suprmetrician

That is right. (Sorry to take so long getting back to this.)

Go ahead.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

Exnihil

Wow... I totally forgot about this thread... OK... a wild tangent, but something I recently heard:

Jon-Erik Hexum
George Clooney
Kato Kaelin

--------------------

Exnihil

A hint... there's just something about that girl.

Pee Wee saw it.

--------------------

Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Married to someone named Mary?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

No, but you're on the right track with the romantic angle.

Another hint: I came across this triad while researching cartoon voice actors.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
They all dated actress Elizabeth (E.G.) Daily.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Bingo.

Ms. Daily (these days a voice actress) was one of my childhood crushes after I saw her in Valley Girl and Pee Wee's Big Adventure. Apparently others felt the same as, in addition to the three listed above, she also dated Nick Cage and Andrew Dice Clay. She is nothing if not... um... eclectic in her tastes.

You're up next, He Who.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Next:

Walter Koenig
Gary Burghoff
Ron Palillo

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  101  102  103  104  105  106  107  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.