Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » TRIAD: only for serious mindbending! (Page 103)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: TRIAD: only for serious mindbending!
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
All were animated on the Flintstones?

Ann Margrock
Stoney Curtis
And Elizabeth Montgomery played a Stone Age animated version of her Samantha Stephens character.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That would be it.

Back over to Quis. [Smile]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
South Korea
Canada
Portugal

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Nations that border only one other nation?

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Yup. Which gave it away? South Korea?

--------------------

Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
No, I just sort of figured it out. I was considering Portugal when I did figure it out, if that means anything.

Saturn Girl
Gazelle
Colossal Boy

[ February 04, 2009, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Matthew E ]

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
more accurately, it was land borders. 2/3 of those are within spitting distance of additional nations by sea.

Re: the new trio:

All are from different worlds in the Sol system?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Yes.

(Only two-thirds? Which one isn't? Canada has France; South Korea has... Japan, I guess...; Portugal has... mmm... I can't picture whether there are islands around there or not.)

--------------------
Legion Abstract

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I'll post something tomorrow. Why is it I think of great ones, but then forget them when it's my turn?

(re: 2/3s. Yes, you've described it, Matthew. And depending on who owns Hants Island, Greenland could also be added as another off-shore for Canada. There are no non-Portuguse islands very close to Portugal; the Madieras are farther away than the whole length of Portugal, and thay're Spanish anyway.)

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Lincoln
Darwin
Gladstone

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
They are all celebrating (or, rather, failing to do so) their 200th birthday this year.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

That was actually my 'red herring' set-up... but since no one else has even guessed, I'll give it to you anyway. I was actually intending for the answer to be 'British names used for Australian cities,' hoping everyone would get tripped up by the 200 (as many have noted the Darwin/Lincoln overlap).

But as there has been no mad outpouring of guesses, I'll let you pick a more thought-provoking Triad, Exxy.

Exnihil

"Love Me Tender"
"In Dreams"
"Sixteen Reasons"

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Exnihil

No takers? OK, then, a hint:

The lynchpin to the above triad is a cinematic connection.

--------------------

Exnihil

Apparently no David Lynch fans on Legion World. They are all songs sung by actors in Lynch Films: "Wild at Heart," "Blue Velvet," and "Mulholland Drive," respectively.

OK, then, an easy one next:

Bloody Mary
Beetlejuice
Marcia

--------------------

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.