Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » TRIAD: only for serious mindbending! (Page 101)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: TRIAD: only for serious mindbending!
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, more hints, or rather the same hints with more detail...

- The First Officer orders his ship to fire upon his mind-controlled Captain
- The Captain jumps to his certain (and prophesied) doom while his automatically controlled spaceship flies down, bringing nuclear death to his enemies' city
- The Doctor laments to his ex-girlfriend over ever leaving the island where they were both trapped

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The first clue almost certainly refers to the "Star Trek: The Next Generation" episode, "The Best of Both Worlds, Part II," in which Riker fires upon a Borg-controlled Picard.

The second clue, as I noted earlier, refers to the "Babylon 5" episode, "Z'ha'dum," in which Sheridan brings down nuclear wrath upon the Shadows' homeworld and then jumps into the abyss.

I have no idea what the third clue refers to. I gather that it refers to "Lost," but I don't watch that series. Earlier, I thought it referred to "Doctor Who," but I don't watch that series, either.

One possible link between 1 and 2 is that 2 was directed by Adam Nimoy, son of Leonard, but neither Adam nor Leonard had anything to do with 1, so far as I know.

I suppose the link has something to do with the characters. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that the captains were both lost and their first officers (Riker and Ivanova in 1 and 2) went looking for them?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
You are almost right about the episodes referred to for all three series (Star Trek: TNG, Babylon 5, and Lost) except that you are off about the Star Trek episode by a single Roman numeral.

The link has nothing to do with actors or characters. I couldn't have described any other moment from the episodes (ie. "The Captain gets captured" or something) and have had the triad work in the same way.

You might be able to get the link without knowing the Lost episode in question.

--------------------

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Now that He Who Wanders has done a lot of the work, I think I know the link. They are all the third (ha! triad) season ending episode.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
More than that, they are the final scenes in the third-season ending episodes.

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
If we are correct, I defer to you He Who Wanders

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

You are absolutely correct!

In my opinion, all three are the best of the season finales that each series had.

So that would be He Who Wanders is up.

--------------------

The truth set me free

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

From the mindbending to the obscure . . .

Pete Duel

Ric Ocasek

John Ford Coley

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Okay, maybe this is a bit too obscure.

Pete Duel was an actor best known for the TV series "Alias Smith and Jones."

Ric Ocasek was the guitarist/lead singer of The Cars and has released solo albums.

John Ford Coley was half of England Dan & . . . , the duo known for '70s hits such as "I'd Really Love to See You Tonight."

But the link I'm looking for has nothing to do with what they did. In fact, you might say the link is right in front of your nose.

--------------------

Xben
Deputy

Uh...they all had big goofy mustaches?

--------------------

The truth set me free

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

[LOL]

No, that's not it. So far as I know, Coley is the only one who ever sported a moustache.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Another person who fit the link at one time was Keith Richards.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Here's another (probably equally confusing) clue: The link probably enhanced their careers, but if a mailman did it, it would not be a good thing.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Final clue, and if no one gets it by tomorrow, I'll pass the gauntlet to Quis, who also figured out Xben's last link.

If you look up the bios of Coley, Duel, and Ocasek on Wikipedia, you can probably find the link rather easily. LET Wikipedia do the work for you. If you look up Richards, too, LET'S say it should be obvious.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

The link was that they all changed their names by deleting a single letter:

John Colley (the "Ford" was also added later)
Pete Deuel
Ric Otcasek

Also, Keith Richards deleted the "s" for several years, becoming Keith Richard. He later reverted to the original spelling.

If you look at the last clue, the deleted letters spell LET or LET'S.

As for the mailman clue, if a mailman dropped a letter, that means it wouldn't be delivered. [Big Grin]

So much for my attempt to be clever. Your turn, Quis.

--------------------

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.