Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Survivor: Marzal (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 71 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  69  70  71   
Author Topic: Survivor: Marzal
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought you traded that away, Lance? Or did you make a new one recently?

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Previously on...

Survivor!

12 castaways found themselves thrown into the unforgiving terrain of the island Marzal. Divided into two tribes, they they started to build their camps and forge their way about the island preparing for the fierce challenges ahead of them.

At the first Reward Challenge contestants were asked to scour the jungles of Spaceopoly to seek out 10 images of the Legionnaire Tyroc and assemble them in the correct order. The St'balla tribe, despite one teammate getting lost, were able to rise to the challenge and defeat their rivals N'hura to win flight rings.

These rings came in handy at the the Immunity challenge where St'balla handily sped through the Blogosphere, gathering info in record time to win immunity, and send N'hura to Tribal Council.

At Tribal, an amazing twist was throw out, as tribe member, Fat Cramer, announced that she was willing to sacrifice her position for the good of the team. Even with this announcement, the votes were still scattered, though Fat Cramer was voted out.

11 Castaways are left. Who will be voted out next? Watch tomorrow, as another day dawns on... Survivor.

AHHHHHHHH-HOOOOOOOO!

Survivor Theme:

OH-WEE-OH-WEE-OH-WEE-AH!
OH-OH-OH-WEE-AH!

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Aww bummer, FC!! We'll miss you.

Well, it's getting funner and funner!

(Did he just say funner? Yep!)

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
/me hugs Cramer. I'm sorry we didn't get to time to do stuff on the island while the cameras and Exnihil wasn't looking. You will be missed.

And shame on you N'hura tribe for voting off the only female in the game!

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Exnihil

You've got Tree-Mail:

-

Challenge kicks off around about 4-ish PM EST.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Exnihil

Come on in, guys!

-

Here's St'balla, winners of the last Immunity Challenge:

-

And our first look at the new N'hura tribe... Fat Cramer voted out at the last Tribal Council:

-

All right, first things first, as St'balla is currently up one player they were asked last night to nominate one player to sit out today's challenge. This player will be sent for 24 hours to Exile Island, where he will be forced to work alone and fend for himself without the aid of his tribe-mates. The upside? Hidden somewhere on Exile Island is a Hidden Immunity idol that he will now have a chance to find. Instructions will be sent to this individual via PM immediately as everyone else sets off on today's Reward Challenge.

Majority vote opted to send:

-

Good Luck out there, Nov... you're going to need it.

Now, everyone else! Today's Reward Challenge is deceptively easy, but possibly mindboggling if done without patience.

- Survivors will first be asked to travel to the ever expanding underbrush of the Know Your Legion Worlders thread here in the Spaceopoly forest.

- Once there our contestants will be asked to seek out a series of single letters that have been hyperlinked. If you should come to a post containing a letter that is a link, you should click the link.

- This will take you to another post, also containing a link. Click it.

- Continue on this pattern until you click a link that returns you to the Survivor: Marzal thread.

- Once returned, you should take all the letters that you have clicked and unscramble them to reveal a phrase relating to something valuable out of the history of Marzal.

Easy, right? Here's the twist:

- You will be given no guidance as to how many letters - or words - are in the phrase.. and as a result you will not be 100% certain if the first letter you found is indeed the first letter of the series.

Patience is a key and attention to detail will be essential. You may work as a team to complete this challenge. Once you believe you have the correct phrase, submit it via PM to Exnihil, exactly as it reads.

DO NOT POST IT ON THE BOARD

Once again, to do so means disqualification for your tribe from this Challenge.

The first tribe to have all five members submit the correct phrase wins reward. If all ten players have submitted the phrase, but not all ten are correct, the team with the highest number of correct entries will win. In the case of a tie, the challenge will go to the team with the highest correct number submitted first.

Want to know what you're playing for?

-

One genuine Legion Time Bubble! The qualities of this transportation device will be a huge aid in the upcoming Immunity Challenge and will address some of the concerns related to the time zone anomalies of the island of Marzal.

Survivors ready? GO!!!

[ October 25, 2008, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------

Exnihil

One by one the Survivors emerge from the underbrush... tired, hungry... quite honestly, in need of a good shower... but each with what they believe to be the correct answer.

And yet... the criteria for the completion of the Challenge has not been reached.

A couple more Survivors still remain out on the hunt... who will win Reward?

Stay tuned, for as I said, "Patience is a key and attention to detail will be essential."

--------------------

Exnihil

... and just like that... the Challenge is over!

For all intents and purposes, it was nearly over two hours ago... but... we'll get to that.

As stated, the Survivors were required to search the "Know Your Legion Worlders" thread for a series of hyperlinked letters, which when correctly followed would yield the sequence:

E-G-L-W-E-J-Z-S-L-E-I.

Correctly ordered and separated, these letters spell the phrase, "Zigel Jewels," a stolen collection of rare gems worth several million money units, which were hidden in a satellite which later crashed to Earth on the island on Marzal in Tyroc's first appearance.

A relatively simple puzzle... provided a contestant knew this obscure bit of trivia, and was able to find the complete set of links... Something Quislet, Esq. was able to do inside of about an hour. What he was unable to do, however, was correctly transcribe his solution, instead submitting the phrase, "Rigel Jewels". A simple mistake, but a potentially costly one.

In relatively quick succession over the next couple of hours, all of his N'hura teammates rang in correctly (in order: Lance, LWL, dedman, and kenaustin) before a single member of St'balla checked in.

And yet... the Challenge did not end. Something was wrong.

Floating Foxlike Creature was the first St'balla member to come in with "Zigel Jewels," then Lard Lad, then Gamara.

While Sketch and Davey Fairplay remained at large, N'hura puzzled on what they had done wrong. Suddenly, Quislet slapped himself in the head, and resubmitted what he had initially intended, in any case.

What does all of this mean? In short:

N'hura Wins Reward!!!

Congratulations, N'hura, it must feel pretty good after last round. You are awarded the Legion Time Bubble which, as advertised, is going to give you a much-desired capability in the upcoming Immunity Challenge.

St'balla, I've got nothing for you. Hopefully, Novelty is having a bit more success out on Exile Island.

Head on back to camp, guys, and keep your eyes peeled tomorrow for a Tree-Mail announcement of the Immunity Challenge.

[ October 17, 2008, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------

Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
Congratulations N'hura.

Sorry, Guys

I missed an L somewhere and then I had to go.

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks LAL!

Way to go, N'hura mates! You guys did great! Quislet saved our tushes!

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
w00t!

Rigel Zigel Toe-mah-to Toe-may-to

I'm glad I double checked. Wish I had done so before hitting "send".

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Yay! we won,great communication team,way to go Quislet.

And Thank You LAL.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Floating Foxlike Creature
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Floating Foxlike Creature           Edit/Delete Post     
** foxlike noise of disappointment **

Congrats, N'hura. See you at the next challenge!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

*is having a hard time alone in exile island*

Congrats, N'hura!

--------------------

Exnihil

Hey, what's he doing here?

Get back to Exile, you!

G'wan, shoo. [Smile]

--------------------

This topic comprises 71 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  69  70  71   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.