Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Francis Manapul Interview: The Start of Something Big! (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Francis Manapul Interview: The Start of Something Big!
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Even though I'm a big fan of Rokk's, I like the idea that his disappearance won't be solved overnight. His absence creates a huge hole and the search for him taking a long time is appropriate.

Maybe he has been found. Maybe he's serving time in prison. Imagine back-up stories of Rokk's prison escapades. Oh, the possibilities.

On another note. I'm surprised no one has yet noted the one thing that Ayla's costume reminds me of: Emerald Vi.

From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
a note on Timber Wolf: i wish artists/writers would remember that he's a WOLF, a canine. A wolverine is in the badger/weasel family. they are not dogs. AND Timber Wolf's powers are super agility/acrobatics/strenght/speed. he should zoom around somersaulting and whacking the bad guys like Spiderman (although with more grace).

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Spider-Man is pretty graceful. [Smile]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
he is, but the standard Ditko poses with the feet-- although they look cool and distinctive, --don't say circus acrobat/ballet dancer.

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowjack
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowjack           Edit/Delete Post     
Grrr. No Dream Girl. :-(
From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

i just noticed that the file is labeled SGLEG-Cv38.jpg.
so this will be a wrap-around cover for issue #38?
Supergirl still in title?
if they are doing a wrap-around, the writer must be a big name.
thoughts?

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Michael has a rumor over at The Omnicom about the writer. Supposedly it was leaked that his first name is Jim. Take that for what you will.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Jim? Huh, who could that be? Shoot! I can't think of anyone! [Wink]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Starlin? Shooter? Lee?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Jim Beam would be popular around here [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Shooter supposedly took himself out of the running back in April. Lee, does he write? I'd rather see him as the artist.

Now Starlin is one I vaguely thought of but didn't go much farther. I know he isn't a favorite of a lot of people here but he is one of mine. And I'd rather see him on as writer than as artist (although I do still like his art).

What I've been trying to come up with is maybe a novelist, since they are the hot commodity in the comics arena right now, who might fit the bill.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I've seen Starlin write science fictiony things, Like Adam Warlock kinda stuff, but I'm drawing a blank on any superhero stories, although I'm thinking I he did something with the Avengers at some point.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Its the science-fiction type of story I think would fit from him. For me the Legion needs a good sci-fi background along with the team. Otherwise it just winds up being the JLA/Teen Titans/JSA/X-Men in the future. Waid could do it, to an extent. I think Starlin would be better at it.

Although we'd have to prepare ourselves for The Church of (insert name here) to be introduced. He really seems to like using quasi-religious organizations in his stories. [Smile]

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Although we'd have to prepare ourselves for The Church of (insert name here) to be introduced. He really seems to like using quasi-religious organizations in his stories. [Smile]

Well, we've already got the church/cult of Validus, more or less.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Awkward Pause Boy:
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Even though I'm a big fan of Rokk's, I like the idea that his disappearance won't be solved overnight. His absence creates a huge hole and the search for him taking a long time is appropriate.

Maybe he has been found. Maybe he's serving time in prison. Imagine back-up stories of Rokk's prison escapades.
Probably as logical a conclusion to a 50th year anniversary as any, Rokk back on the team, Clone Kent killed again only this time even bloodier (oops, did I let that slip?).

How many toes does a wolf have?

Barefeet aside, is it just a few liking that costume? I think it's great myself. The colors, the patterns, the insignia, pretty much everything.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.