Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Thank you, DnA... (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Thank you, DnA...
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Fangs for the Memories...

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by kid chaos:
Thanks for getting rid of Lori Morning.

This can't be emphasized enough.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Querl Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Querl Dox   Email Querl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks DnA for bringing me to this title !!!
From: Saline, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, and I've just got to add this.

Thanks for expanding many of the characters' personalities more, and not having everybody be so nice all the time.

hanks for making me like characters like Chameleon, Umbra, Star Boy, M'Onel, Kid Quantum, Dreamer, Spark, Gear, Monstress, Sensor. Even though Kinetix, Element Lad, Live Wire may have suffered, at least you did more good than harm in the end.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
DnA brought me to the Legion. They held my interest in comics when I was stating to wonder. It's been a fun run, and I'm glad I got into it.

Thanks, guys!

--------------------
Just spouting off.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I believe history will look favorably upon DnA's run, despite expressions of relief that they are leaving the title (relief I have expressed myself even).

Points in their favor:

a) LEGION LOST saved the title from near-assured cancellation.

b) Bringing in new artistic talent such as OLIVIER COIPEL, who brought a look to the Legion its never had before (read: IMAGE-style splash but with substance). Not to mention the plethora of talent that adorned LEGION WORLDS.

c) Who can forget the first few issues of the current THE LEGION series? One cliffhanger ending after another... I quite remember that just about everyone was blown away by those first 6, 7, 8 issues.

d) THE LEGION 31, a comedic issue with LSH legend Keith Giffen, which marked a favorable turnaround for me, a nice way to begin the end of DnA's stories.

While its true I am ready for something different and have been for probably a year, I will never deny DnA's place in the Hall of Unforgettable Legion Creators!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I think DnA should be thanked for at least trying to fix many of the things that were wrong with the previous creative team's run.

They'll most likely be remembered for their one really classic Legion story (Legion Lost), and for their one original Legionnaire (Shikari).

The idea of 'The Second Galaxy' may survive them for the long term as well.

Overall, while hardly in the top tier of Legion creators, I think their place in the second-tier is firmly secured.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Another hearty thank you to DnA! While lately I haven't been biting my nails in anticipation for the next issue, they've hardly been horrible. In fact, it was DnA's work on the title (especially Legion Lost and the start of the new Legion series) which was almost the only time I couldn't wait for the next issue of the Legion in my short (8 years) of reading!

As others have said, they definitely rejuvinated the title. I know it wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but I appreciate the attempt, gamble, and hopefully pay-off with the launched 'The Legion' title. I'm also greatful for the introduction of Shikari and Timber Wolf, and the work they put in on Dreamer, Wildfire, Monstress, and many others!

They had a great spark and took a huge risk at the beginning of the work...and even if that spark has faded a little, it's definitely brought in some new fans and set up a deep canvas for the next team. I'm glad it was lit, looking back now.

I'm ashamed to say that I *am* ready to move on to another writing team, due to my love for Gail Simone and Mark Waid. However, that doesn't mean I don't appreciate Dan and Andy for their work. Thank you, thank you.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.