Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die (Page 99)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Not in that outfit, Kid.

[Love]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Dirk & Blok = the Stan & Ollie of the 30th century.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Now I need to figure out who gets to be French & Saunders.

(I need to bump that on the Megalo-Flix queue. It might actually save my life at this point.)

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Ah, Dawn French. Wonderful in The Vicar of Dibley.

cleome: [Hug]

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

[runs off to look that one up]
This is way too much niceness for one thread. Maybe by the time I get back, three or four of Abin's alts will picking fights with one another.

[Nightcrawler]

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I am shocked - shocked I say - that cleome never heard of The Vicar of Dibley

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

That's actually the only show I know Dawn French from. PBS airs Britcoms on Saturday nights and they ran Vicar for several months.

Was it a good show? No, no, no, no, no--yes.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
The word Vicar always makes me think of "The Dirty Vicar Sketch" from Monty Python.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
You never watched Absolutely Fabulous, HWW?

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
[runs off to look that one up]
This is way too much niceness for one thread. Maybe by the time I get back, three or four of Abin's alts will picking fights with one another.

[Nightcrawler]

My alts never (okay, almost never) fight with each other.

So if you let me know which one you'd like to fight with I'll see if I can make that happen...

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Yes, I have seen Ab Fab, Arachne, but it was years ago. Was Dawn French in it?

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I am 99% positive that Ms. French was not in Absolutely Fabulous, at least not as a regular reoccurring character.

Post after this post if you think there should be an American version of Absolutely Fabulous, made with the same quality as the American versions of Coupling, Fawlty Towers, and The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Since I never watch any of those American remakes, I really don't care one way or the other.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Well, I loved All in the Family, Stanford & Son, and Three's Company, which were all American versions of British shows.

I'd like to see Beanes of Boston, the unsold Americanized pilot of Are You Being Served?

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I'd forgotten those 3 were remakes (and didn't know AITF was).

Are You Being Served? was not, in my opinion, a particularly good series, and might actually be beyond ruining by Americanization.

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.