Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Another Person Below Me (Page 99)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Another Person Below Me
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Whereas I hate the 90s and love the 80s.

No matter how hard I try, I truly cannot think of anything under-appreciated about the 90s. It was a horrible time.

APBM,

What is the most OVERRATED thing about the 90s?

(IMO: Grunge! [Disgusting] #@!@#$#ing retrograde horse-$#!# sold as something supposedly new and exciting. Also invented a whole new style of bad singing that you still hear all over the radio. [Disgusting] )

[ March 06, 2009, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: Stealth ]

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
The Phantom Menace. I'm sorry, but this is not debatable. Ever.

Me: [slap] :Lucas

Absolutely Portman's Blandest Movie

What catchy name should this almost-completed decade be assigned ? (ie-- something like "The Roaring Twenties," "The 'Me' Decade," etc.)

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
"The 'Look-At-Me!' Decade."

APBM,

Is hip-hop the new disco?

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Nah. If you date its origin from "Rappers Delight," (1979) I'd have to say that hip-hop has well outlasted disco.

Actually Prefer Blues Music

So, do you still own music in its archaic physical form (CD, Tape, Vinyl), or have you totally moved on to downloads and never looked back ?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I love my CDs.

Anaconda Python Boa Mamba,

Do you have any phobias?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I have a fairly mild fear of heights that generally only strikes when I'm in a structure that does not seem rock-solid. I was on a wide factory tower once, and the whole thing vibrated; even going nowhere near the edge that threw me off far more than being atop a cliff 500 feet high. Ditto being top a mobile scaffold only 30 feet up, but it felt wobbly. But also, in the CN Tower, there is a section of glass floor where you can look straight down; I could not walk on it (the rest of the Tower visit was okay).

America Panama Bolivia Mexico,

Where were you when Buckwheat was shot?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
On the grassy knoll.

All Points Bulletin Mania:

What were you doing in Dallas on November 22, 1963?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Theoretically, I could have been in Dallas on November 22, 1963, however I was busy learning to walk.

Apricots Pears Bananas Mangos,

Have you ever been surprized to find out a famous person was gay?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Several times: George Takei, Sarah Gilbert, and John Inman (one should never assume that an actor is anything like a character he or she portrays) come to mind. I suppose it's hetero-centric of me to have assumed that they weren't gay, but, in each case, they had been familiar TV presences long before they "came out."

APBM,

Other than sexual orientation, what is the most surprising thing you've learned about any celebrity?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Usually the most surprising thing is finding out instances where really "cool" celebs (by media standards) have totally dorky qualities about them. I should expect almost all people have those qualities but its interesting to know the details. For instance: Vin Diesel is majorly into Dungeons and Dragons! Who knew? I never really cared much about him before but that tidbit actually makes me like him.

APBM,

What's an instance where you didn't really care for someone and something changed your opinion and made you do a complete 180--so that you began to like, respect or genuinely care for the person?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
When I was a kid, I had a batty old great aunt in Spain who I always found really annoying whenever my family went to visit her ... one visit, out of nowhere, she began to tell these hysterical stories about her childhood that I found really endearing ... after that, I loved to be around her, and I was sad to hear she recently passed away ...

Artemis prefers burly men,

Have you ever lost faith in someone you thought would always be there for you?

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, my big brother. [Frown]

Aack! please be mellow!

Do you now, or have you ever, owned a pair of striped pants (excluding pajamas)?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Do pinstrips count? Then yes I have owned a pair of striped pants.

Abyssinian Persian Balinese Manx,

What person from history would you have like to gotten to know personally?

--------------------

cleome46

Melba Liston. No contest.

All Praise Blue Melba

Sugar substitutes. Yes or No ?

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Stevia yes. Sucralose, aspartame... no.

All Points Bulletin Mavens,

Do you buy/subscribe to a newspaper (paper variety - not on-line)?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.