Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Another Person Below Me (Page 98)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Another Person Below Me
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Considering the weather here... The Phantom Stranger's costume would be best. San Diego proved to me that certain people should never wear spandex (and I'm at the top of that list.)

Another Peanut Butter Monster,

If you could meet and discuss changes to any single character with a creator who would they be?

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Fabian Nicieza, and why he built up Namorita as a strong woman and capable superheroine during the first half of his New Warriors run, only to tear her down during the second half.

APBM,

Who is the best X-Men writer whose name is not Chris Claremont?

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Since I've read very little non-Claremont X-Men, I'll have to go with Stan Lee by default (since I am NOT going to say 'Lobdell' if you paid me).

Antarctic Press' Best Material,

What is your favorite obscure comic series (i.e., one you would bet good money that no more than 2-3 LW regulars have read, and few have ever heard of)?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Lewis Trondheim's Dungeon. I don't know how truly obscure it is, since I'm not into the totally obscure comics anyways. But it may make up for insufficient obscurity with humorous peculiarity.

Always Plowing By Metropolis,

Any other obscure comics you'd recommend?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Night Life (1986-1991) - I never liked sword 'n sorcery until I saw it moved to what looks like the old SCTV skit about hanging around on Yonge Street in Toronto after dark.

Anything by E. Fitz Smith (several all-woman or woman-friendly anthologies in the 1980s and 1990s) - She really defies description. You just have to see it for yourself. The strip where she accidentally gets devil horns and the one where she tries to recreate a weird dessert that she saw in her dreams are just priceless.

Avocados + Preserves Baked Merrily

What limited series or particular story arc in a comic built you up, Buttercup-- just to let you drop at the end ?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! so many... but Keith Giffen's series based on the Zodiac signs... so promising.... it just didn't work.

All-star Persons Barred Momentarily,

Any favourite web-comics?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I've actually read very few. I guess anything on Scott McCloud's site.

Amityville's Best Poltergeist Manager,

What has faded away from everyday life and/or pop culture that you never thought would?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Combing my hair. Seriously. Growing up, I always combed my hair everyday. Now I haven't done that since college. Basically, I just get out of the shower and run hands through it with some cream or lotion or whatever Lady Cobalt buys me. It takes me literally 6 seconds a day to ready my hair. When did that become the standard? Most guys my age do the same thing.

APBM,

What pop-culture fad do you miss the most from the 1990's?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, I am so going to regret admitting this. I was a big San Fran 49'ers fan for years. I had these pants called "Zubaz"  - , with the team colors, red, white, and gold. Never really wore them out anywhere, just lounged around the house, but they were so comfortable.

Audacious Pants Bring Memories,

What pop-culture fad do you miss the most from the 1980's?

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I was born in 1981, but I just had to answer this. I really, really miss G.I. Joe. The awesome toys, the awesome TV series, the awesome comic book by Marvel. My brother and I were so into collecting G.I. Joe's (the action figures) as kids--we would play with them for hours, and we always made sure we didn't get the same ones. I still have them all [Big Grin]

APBM,

Same question.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

not much. I guess the cheesy 'New Wave' fashions, Square Pegs, Devo, Bobo's fluffy hair, the Human League... that sort of stuff. Too silly to take seriously, but it had an ambiance that really fit the ostrich-head-in-the-sand, "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" mindset of the Reagan era.

while we're at it... same question, APBM.

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hair metal. It was such unpretentious fun, and I love guys with long hair. While my tastes in music have evolved and expanded over the years, I'm not ashamed to say that hair metal was the soundtrack to my tween years and I still listen to it sometimes.

APBM,

Was 80s hair metal a natural extension (no pun intended) of 70s glam rock or not?

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I was about to say categorically, 'no,' but then gave it further thought. I can concede a few thematic/showmanship overlays, but for the most part it seems just too far leap.

Alan Parsons' Best Music,

what is the most under-appreciated aspect of the 80s?

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Despite all the celebration of militarism during the era, the 80s were the only decade since the 1930s in which the U.S. did not engage in any major wars (though there were plenty of lesser military actions).

AFBM

Same question.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Despite people who lived through the 1950's-1970's still having a tough time embracing many of the new ideas and ideals of those decades, the children of the 1980's were raised on an education system that actually did incorporate many of those ideals, and have a wider and more diverse subject matter and types of classes. I learned about civil rights my entire life from Grade 1 onwards. I was taught modern politics in 2nd grade. We celebrated sociology, psychology and other subjects previously reserved for college as early as Middle School.

AFBM,

what is the most under-appreciated aspect of the 90's?

(Disclaimer--I think the 90's rawked while the 80's sucked)

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.