Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Another Person Below Me (Page 94)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Another Person Below Me
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
As many photos of friends, family and memories as possible--most other items can be replaced.

APBM,

Favorite breakfast food?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Can't have it too often, but biscuits and gravy.

Aquaman, Punisher, Batman, Metamorpho

What was your very first comic book?

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
The very first one I remember reading was Superman. Lex Luthor was trying to steal the gold from Fort Knox. I believe that sparked my lifelong fascination with superheroes, gold and thieves.

A Political Bally-hoo Memory,

Would you attend one of the Inaugural events, if you were invited?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Only the actual inauguration.

Arthur Pierce Buchanan Monroe,

Aside from this thread, which is your favorite one on the Mission Monitor board?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm enjoying "Kill This Thread" and the bizarre turns it often takes.

Another Post Before Mealtime:

What is your favorite thread in Spaceopoly?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
At the moment, I'm really enjoying "Lard Lad's Strange New Power". I love making up new powers for our buddy Lardy. [Big Grin]

Actually, Piglet Beats Monsters:
What's your favorite forum on Legion World?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd say the MMB most of the time, especially when there's a lot of roleplaying going on.

Ask Politely, Buns Magnet,
Rank your favorite forums on LW and explain why you like some better than others.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
It evolves constantly but I'll give you my current:

(1) Dr. Gym'll's - because I'm feeling incredibly enthusiastic about comic book lately. I was at an all time low feeling that DC had reached their lowest level of quality in my lifetime. Then it was He Who Wanders who reccomended I *really* spend some time looking at more independents and even non-comic literature to fill that need and I'd probably be surprised at some great stuff I'd end up liking. So I did, and suddenly am reading bunches of new comics by Vertigo, Image, Dark Horse, even Marvel (and yes, I still read several DC titles) and I'm more into comics than I have been in years.

(2) Anywhere Machine - several threads keep me intrested every time I log in. "What are you Watching?" and "What are you Reading?" are my two favorites, even if I'm just reading other posters posts at times.

(3) MMB - this has always been my favorite forum and probably will be again, but lately its just not doing it for me. I like the roleplaying a lot but don't have it in me to be a leading player in one right now. I also get a little tired and overwhelmed of the 'inane' threads. I really like random one-off threads that lead to little MMB in-jokes and random trains of thought, but those don't seem to be in vogue right now. I'm sure it will be; the MMB is cyclical, and I can wait it out.

(4) Bits - Love me some Bits. What usually happens is I don't check in for a few weeks and then spend an entire day reading through stories, looking at art and just devouring every bit of awesomeness there. The level of creativity has remained consistently amazing throughout the forum's inception.

(5) Legion forum - I also love the Legion forum, but like the MMB my enthusiasm for it is cyclical. I'm a poster than loves EDE's theories, HWW's reviews of old stroies, puns and plays on words, and above all threads devoted to be most obscure characters in Legion history. Those threads come back in cycles and I'm looking forwad to the next. Plus, the Shooter Legion was a major dissapointment to me and that's a huge factor in my Legion forum enjoyment. And while I love posters expressing their full feelings towards the Legion, there are a lot of back and forth arguements that I feel I've seen before so I kind of skip over a lot of those posts.

(6) Encylopedia Galactica - believe it or not, I'm enjoying this excellent forum lately and have been spending a lot of time looking at Legion stuff (not LMB stuff).

(7) Tie: Titans (hate current Titans series), Science Police (love watching Gary make avatars! [Razz] ), Spaceopoly (just having been visiting lately) and Creator's forum (ditto).

Whew!

APBM,

What's your favorite thread in Gym'lls right now?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That's tough because it's hard to really get a lot of heat going on any particular thread on Gym'lls. Most people on LW are really only passionate about the Legion, it seems, so you don't get many points of view on Gym'lls unless there's a big event like Civil War or what-not. Evenb then, you're unlikely to get dozens of pages like you do for just one issue of the Legion.

So, that said, I'd go with my Gym'lls version of the Roundtable. In a couple of weeks, it's gotten three pages of activity with the potential to evolve into something bigger. That was the goal in creating that particular spin-off. Let's hope it continues!

Arf! Purrrrr! Bark! Meow!
What's your favorite thread in LSH right now?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I enjoyed the Worst '90s names thread because of the different reasons why people liked or disliked certain names. The thread seems to have run its course, however, so my new favorite might be "Teenagers From the Future--Available Now."

APBM,

What's your favorite article in "Teenagers From the Future" and why?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I've only read the first few so far, but I found The Early Legion and the JLA particularly interesting because I'd never thought about the Legion in that way.

All Possible Bariatric Measures,

If you were going to write an essay about the Legion, what topic would you like to cover?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Alien races versus "real" races. (Assimilation, dominant cultures, evolving mores and all that fun stuff that makes people throw the book across the room and yell, "Get a grip, you pretentious jaggoff ! It's just a damn comic book !")

Amalgamated Peeved Book Mavens

Same question. [Cackles]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Well I haven't read the book, so there may be something similar in there already but -
My essay would be on the evolution of Legion costume designs and how they were reflections of the eras in which they were published.

APBM

What superhero or super group would you like to write an essay on?

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Apart from the Legion, the Fantastic Four. I haven't read them in years, so it would be a good excuse to get all the back issues (with a research grant, of course!). I'd write about the family as superhero group. My interest has been sparked by reading True Believers by Cary Bates, one issue of which focussed on the FF.

A Positively Breezy Memorandum,

Do you have CDs that you've never even listened to?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes. My niece's husband is from Bolivia and plays in a band playing Bolivian folk music. He has given me a cd of his band that I have not played.

Abba Poison Beatles Metallica,

Have you ever been on television?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.