Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Another Person Below Me (Page 92)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Another Person Below Me
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Twister. (Oh, what a cliche'.)

Aligned Parties Bore Me

What goes on first in the A.M. ? Shirt or pants (or skirt, if it's that kind of day) ?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Some days it's the undershirt, other days it's the underpants.

Alice Password Blackadder Mannix,

What was you favorite TV show when you were a kid and what did you like most about it?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Star Trek. Adventure, sci fi, ray guns (phasers), aliens, and a philosphical/humanist point of view that the future is going to be positive. Nuff said.

APBM,

What was your favorite song when you were a kid and why?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
As a child, I always had a thing for "list" songs... where the singer would name a variety of people doing similar, yet different, things. I know it sounds weird, but I think something in the way the pattern progressed appealed to my particular way of learning.

So I was fond of "Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover" by Paul Simon (Slip out the back, Jack; make a new plan, Stan; no need to be coy, Roy, etc.), "Games Without Frontiers" by Peter Gabriel (Hans plays with Lottie, Lottie plays with Jane, Jane plays with Willie, etc), but my favorite of this strange sub-genre was "Let 'Em In" by Wings (Sister Suzie, Brother John, Martin Luther, Phil and Don, Brother Michael, Auntie Gin, Open the door and let 'em in.)

Alphabetical Phonetic Biolinguistic Memory,

What is the first word you have a distinct recollection of learning... not your first word, but the first one where you actually heard it, recognized that you didn't know it, then found out what it meant?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
(I know what you mean about list songs, Exnihil. When I was a kid, one of my favorite songs was "Life Is a Rock" by Reunion, which consists mainly of rap-like lists of early rock/pop stars.)

I remember having to use the word "vitality" in a sentence once in school and thinking it meant (because I knew the word "vital") "something of great importance." Boy, was I suprised when I got the paper back and learned I was wrong.

APBM:

What is one real world concept (relating to science or language, for example) that you learned as a child from comic books?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
That mercury was the only metal that was a liquid at room temperature.

Apollo Pan Boreas Morpheus,

What was your favorite subject in school?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
English, particularly the grammar part of it. When everyone else complained about diagramming sentences, I got an evil grin on my face!

Awesomely Pwned By Muskrats,

What's the last song you hated, but could nonetheless not get out of your head?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Thanks a lot for this question Lardy. Now I have "Oops I did it again" going through my head.

Ash Pine Birch Maple,

I'm pretty sure I asked this, but it's been so long.

You have a one month all-expenses paid vacation to anywhere in the world, where would you go and why did you pick that place?

--------------------

Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Home: because I'd be on an unlimited bank account with-in commute of many places I'd like to day-trip and I'd be able to do the things I can't normally in my hometown without getting all bothered by travel arrangements.

APBM

What gift from this year would you most like to exchange and for what of near equal value?

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
A brown shirt with horizontal orange stripes. (from my favorite aunt-she tries, God Bless her!) I'd settle for a better patterned shirt. I'm not too hard to please.

And Probably Being Meddlesome,

What's the WORST gift you ever got?

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Without going into horrific detail: Some rather... suggestive undergarments... from somebody that I didn't really know well enough for that kind of thing. [cough. Ah... youth.]

As Provided By Malls

When you're sad, do you like to play/hear sad music ?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
No, I prefer to either have it quiet and keep to myself, or sing hymns/ spiritual songs which helps me feel better.

A Poor Brother Moanin'

What movie always makes you feel better, or takes your mind off your problems?

--------------------

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Cinderella Man, Galaxy Quest, Playboy Bunnies vs. Trampoline Monster, part III (j/k)

Another Pervy Board Message

Oklahoma or Florida and why (football question, not tourist destination)

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy

Florida. I believe Tebow's experience and determination will make the difference. That, and if the Gators can keep Oklahoma from scoring 60.

Applesauce preferred before mustard,

Have you ever had a severe allergic reaction?

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

No, but I did have a severe case of poison ivy once. My face swelled up and then the drying lotion made me look like the creepy old person in a 50s horror movie.

Annie Pippin Brigadoon Mame,

What is your secret pleasure?

--------------------

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.