Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev) (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev)
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Red Arrow was searching for a place of safety. She was chasing a would be conqueror with a Cosmic Cube when she landed in this reality. Red Arrow had been running non-stop ever since she came. She didn't trust anyone in this reality...what if this is one of those timelines where giant robots will try to kill you?

She had been born in one universe,lived in another, and now she was here. Red Arrow decided to take her chances and enter the Security Office.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<looks up, having just closed his Omnicom>

Hm? May I help you, young lady?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Red Arrow said, "I am Red Arrow of the Thunderbolts. I was chasing a dangerous alien with a Cosmic Cube. He must have created a rip in the time and space continum and now I am here. Where am I?"

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, you wouldn't be the first refugee from another reality to our world...not by far! This is Legion World, a world where everyone is welcome.

Do you need assistance getting back where you came from?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Red Arrow sighed, "I am...it's complicated. It might be best if I stay here for a while to make sure the alien did not follow me."

She was surprised at the warm welcome, "Really? Wow, when I showed at Thunderbolt Mountain everyone thought I was an intruder. I won my membership by defeating Mockingbird." As much as she hated to admit it, she missed Steve Barton.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Do you feel unsafe from this alien potentially following you? If so, I'm sure the Security Office can offer protection.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

"Yes, I feel unsafe. He's a shape-shifter from the Shi'ar galaxy. He could be anyone and he has the Cosmic Cube which lets you do anything," Red Arrow replied.

"Is there anything else you need to know?" She asked.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

We've dealt with shape-shifters before. Powerful ones, at that. Hm.

<points to Gladys>

This is Gladys. She's a sentient disco ball and our Executive Assistant here. Tell her as much about this alien and this "Cosmic Cube" as you know, and I will review them personally and ask any questions that come to mind.

I would interview you myself, but I have a lot of meetings to attend. When you are through, Gladys will show you to one of our guest rooms. You can stay as long as you like.

Sound good?

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

"Yes, sir." Red Arrow answered. She was grateful that this was not a dystopian future. At the very least she would not have to fear for her life.

Gladys asked, "Shall we begin?"

Red Arrow said, "Yes."

Gladys asked, "Name and rank."

Red Arrow replied, "Red Arrow Vice-President of The Thunderbolts."

Gladys repeated, "Name."

Red Arrow hesitated, "Emily Osborn, daughter of Senator Harry Osborn and Victoria Hand." That was her adoptive name and the only one she knew.

Gladys asked,"Who is the alien you encountered?"

"That is what I was investigating under the orders of Citizen V when I fell into this dimension," Red Arrow explained.

Gladys continued, "Why were you fighting this alien?"

"We recieved a tip from reserve member Seth Warlock to investigate. Of course we didn't take him seriously, but for once the conspiracy theorist was right!" Red Arrow said.

Gladys was intrigued, "Why did you not trust him?"

"Seth believes that alien gods control the Universe and he thinks humans should overthrow them and become gods. He also believes he is Adam Warlock's son," Red Arrow laughed.

The conversation continued in this vein for half and hour. She described the function of the Cosmic Cube and why it was important. Her description of Thanos as "A really evil guy that loves death" was the best this street-leveler could do. She entered the guest bedroom, fell into the bed, and fell asleep.

--------------------

SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Taylor:
Chief Taylor to Shark Lad...stay on Abin. If he so much as jaywalks, I want you to bring him in! Taylor out.

on it ... sprock, where's my jet pack?

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man
All Powerful Lord of Castle Zardi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
<Watches Sharky fly off after Abin from his poolside seat. A glamour covers him and his assistants, who appear to be waitstaff, serving drinks to guests at the Security Office Pool.>

Carrie Ann, bring me a drink. I believe this location will suit my purposes nicely.

But that fool, Quank, will have to be dealt with swiftly. Arrange a meeting with Kent. Two million Credits to whoever gets Quank drunk.

Four million if he has an accident while he's drunk.

--------------------
Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<walks out in his speedo, sits in the loungechair next to Zardi, though he doesn't know who it is>

Hey there, guy! Chief Taylor here. Who might you be?

<to Carrie Anne> Virgin strawberry daquiri here, please!

--------------------

Zardi, the Eternal Man

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Hello Chief, My name be jose jimenenenez, I am how you say? a... traveler, no a tourist, thats it... a tourist!

I see your wonderful pool and your signs saying how security it is and I say to myself "jose jimenenenez" because that is who I am, "jose jimenenenez you should take a load off, or is it drop a load off? in that pool."

So here I am.

You maybe have a use for a multi-linguistical type tourist on your forces of security? I, myself have some need of income.

--------------------

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Well, we do have telepathic plugs for that. We could use a pool boy, though...

--------------------

Zardi, the Eternal Man

Okay, so would I, jose jimenenenez, in my capacatory as pool boy have to clean the remains of kangaroos out of the pool after your ladshark officer has his midnight lunch snack?

Or would I just change the filters and watch the interns adjust their bikinis?

--------------------

This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.