Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Next Gathering (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  39  40  41   
Author Topic: The Next Gathering
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
An LW meetup is the only thing that would even get me to consider SD again at this point.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Count me in for a LW Table...

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
with a table, one also gets Exhibitor badges - which mean you get in without having to stand in the long lines.

if memory serves, two come free with the table, plus you can buy more at regular membership rates. I was rather surprised how few people jumped at this last time 'round; people actually rushed to buy regular memberships instead.

there is a little bit of paperwork that goes with it, but it's not a hardship by any means as long as one keeps track of 3 or 4 simple deadlines. it's more convoluted if you are having materials shipped to the con center, or require certain display materials.

As I recall, our biggest hardship was the prohibition on stickers, that we'd get charged for any that needed to be cleaned up. we got around this by applying the stickers ourselves - not giving them out to be stuck anywhere by the recipient.

whoever applies/coordinates, please remember to note that we had a table in '08 - that gives us extra points as a repeating exhibitor. In other words, if Con is swamped with applications for the fan table section, we'd get priority over a bunch of first-timers.

Deposit deadlines/initial applications are due in winter, I seem to recall. If selected, there are subsequent deadlines.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd be willing to work on this. But, since the first deadline is in December, let me get my finances in order first.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Who was it who took point on this for '08? Was that Kent? Does that person remember whether we had to submit the standard exhibitor form or did we use something for just fan tables?
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Otto Plastino
NOBODY MESSES WITH THE ERG-1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Otto Plastino   Author's Homepage   Email Otto Plastino         Edit/Delete Post     
Just to let you all know you can now go onto the comic con website and register for four day passes.
From: Naltor trying to find someone to give me lotto numbers | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
with a table, one also gets Exhibitor badges - which mean you get in without having to stand in the long lines.

if memory serves, two come free with the table, plus you can buy more at regular membership rates. I was rather surprised how few people jumped at this last time 'round; people actually rushed to buy regular memberships instead.

Kent, to clarify, are you saying that if LW winds up having a table in '10 that, after it's confirmed, when those affiliated with it buy their passes, they would specify their affiliation to be labeled as an exhibitor? Secondarily, do you recall if those passes are sold apart from the regular pool of passes, or are they part of the general count? I know you might not know the answer to that, but I figured I'd ask.

What I'm basically asking is, would you recommend holding off on purchasing passes until after word comes back on whether or not the table is a reality, or is to do so running the risk of finding out that they've been sold out?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

quote:
Originally posted by Director Lad:
Who was it who took point on this for '08? Was that Kent? Does that person remember whether we had to submit the standard exhibitor form or did we use something for just fan tables?

it was a standard form, but as we weren't selling things, there were sections we didn't have to fill out.

It wasn't a hard form at all, especially without having to worry about California sales tax or using the official con shipping/set-up service.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:

Kent, to clarify, are you saying that if LW winds up having a table in '10 that, after it's confirmed, when those affiliated with it buy their passes, they would specify their affiliation to be labeled as an exhibitor? Secondarily, do you recall if those passes are sold apart from the regular pool of passes, or are they part of the general count? I know you might not know the answer to that, but I figured I'd ask.

What I'm basically asking is, would you recommend holding off on purchasing passes until after word comes back on whether or not the table is a reality, or is to do so running the risk of finding out that they've been sold out?

exactly. I tried to make that point last time, but most people rushed to buy passes. There *might* be a problem adding on the last few weeks right before, but I recall +ing our count possibly as late as June.

It is possible that there is a maximum; whoever coordinates it this time will have to look into that. Unfortunately, I, assuming the table was a one-time thing, made all my paperwork part of spring cleaning earlier this year.

As I recall, we had table confirmation long before the point of passes selling out.

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

and no, I'm pretty sure Exhibitor badges don't count towards the general pool, since the whole point is to ensure that vendors/exhibitors can adequately staff their tables. one can theoretically lose one's allotted space if no one is staffing their spot, so there is responsibility to it. luckily for those of us with badges in 08 (especially, me, as everything was in my name), we have enough of you guys so that the table was always staffed.
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
If all goes well, I'm going to SD next year ... if all goes unwell, I'm going to sit on my arse next year ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
same here if everything goes as planned i'm deffinately going next year

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I would be more apt to go if there was a table. How much was the table in 2008? I'll chip in for the table whether I go or not.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Cool, a potential Sharky-John-Quislet-Ex reunion.

EAST COAST, REPRESENT!

(So sorry... it's Friday and I'm full of beans... won't happen again. [Smile] )

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
I like the sound of that ... except for the beans ...

I will also chip in for a table ... chairs too ...

[ September 18, 2009, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: SharkLad ]

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  39  40  41   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.