Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » A bunker beneath the ashes of the old "Lardy's Lair" nightclub (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: A bunker beneath the ashes of the old "Lardy's Lair" nightclub
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
Seth sees the slab moving aside, and closes his right hand. Wouldn't want to harm the rescuer, after all... whoever it is?

Once he's freed, he carefully sits up. Those who are there would see a humanoid male, with faceted white eyes. Crystals colored in shades from sky blue through deep purple form a flame-like mask around his eyes, and trail back in swirls and spirals across his bald head. More of these crystals are visible on the backs of his hands. He's clad in a sky blue long-sleeved shirt and medium blue trousers, with dark brown belt and boots; they've been a bit torn and definitely stained with dust and some pale pinkish liquid.

Liberty Monkey's telepathy should (I believe?) sense that these crystals upon the man are alive, though not fully sentient.

"I am Seth Gaterra..." he offers; his voice is baritone with a sibilant accent, but his Interlac seems correct. "... and where am I?!"

Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phineas B. Fuddle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phineas B. Fuddle           Edit/Delete Post     
Greetings Sentient!

You are on Legion World, home of heroes, home of freedom!

Would that you could have arrived at a better time, but alas, you've come in the midst of a crisis.

Now I see why my telepathy did not work. There are more than one sentient about you. Strange, it seems, but I am not one to judge strangeness! I am Liberty Monkey, and I will help you from the wreckage.

How did you come here? Many who came to Lardy's Lair often did not know where they were after a few hours, given the debacherous nature of this place, but surely you would have remembered entering it? Thus, is there reason to believe you came with the great calamity from the skies that destroyed it? Do you have any recollections?

But, enough with the questions. Try to answer as I pull you out and get you to safety. You are one of the few to have survived this...

Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
Seth accepts Liberty Monkey's help, offering his left hand to the Legionnaire. "I've not heard of a Legion *World* before..? Who exactly are you all?"

Then in answer to the next questions from Liberty Monkey: "I've no idea. I was elsewhere, then I woke up under the rubble here..." He frowns suddenly. "Arete, don't tell me it's happened again?!"

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
<A Black cloud forms and out of it steps Dedman>

Man Alive!!!! Whats happened to Lardy's place?

<steps back into cloud and disappears>

[ August 24, 2006, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: dedman ]

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Stay back, Liberty Monkey...

<acknowledges the monkey's scornful frown>

...just to play it safe, okay?

<reluctantly, Liberty Monkey backs away slightly>

<turns back to Seth>

Listen, I am Lard Lad, co-founder of the Legion of Message Board Posters and an acting Security Officer of this world. We have found you at the scene of a horrendous terrorist act. Will you submit to accompanying us to our Office to discuss why you are here at a crime scene? I'm fairly certain you weren't a patron here, right?

<gestures toward Liberty Monkey>

Liberty Monkey here will accompany us, so you'll know your interests are being served. I promise (and he will ensure this) that we will treat you fairly. Will you submit?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phineas B. Fuddle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phineas B. Fuddle           Edit/Delete Post     
I will not allow you be harmed my friend. Extreme danger and tragedy has created an atmosphere uncharacteristically intense on Legion World, but I will ensure your treatment is just.

Further, it appears our purpose here is over, as most survivors, little as they are, have been rescued, and Actor Lad has this situation under control at this time.

Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Seth frowns, then finally addresses Lard Lad. "I... I will go with you, only because I know what happens if I dare resist the authorities." He turns his back to the man, bracing himself as if against an attack. "I presume you'll restrain me?"
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
*Oddly distorted voice comes out of nowhere*

Trust me, you don't want to trust that guy. You won't be seen again.

*Liberty Monkey and Seth Gaterra find themselves teleported to the Administration Utopia*

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<yells at the sky, shaking his fist>

'BOOT!!!! I WASN'T GONNA HURT HIM, DAMMIT!

<hangs his head>

I'm gonna clobber that butthole, someday!

<reaches out with the Lard Force>

Okay...they're at Actor Lad's. A neutral site it is, then...

<'ports over to Actor's>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

(OOC: Do we move this RP over to the ActorLad thread, or stay here? Just checking before I reply.)
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
The ActorLad thread [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Enough.

Everything has slowed to a crawl, and the LMB is destroying themselves. But the question is: who blew up the Lair?

That is the true culprit looking to start a war.

A blurry image with an 'S'? That's not much we have to go on and its coming from a source that we hardly know anything about. I know I should be at the Space Port with Abin, but I feel like this mystery is vitally important...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost Girl
spirit of the night

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
<super-fast movement among the rubble>

--------------------
death becomes me

From: Shangalla | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost Girl
spirit of the night

-

--------------------
death becomes me

From: Shangalla | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost Girl
spirit of the night

quote:
Originally posted by ActorLad:
"Here's the wreckage, do what you can to clean up this mess", ActorLad says to Damage Control.

"And if you find anything suspicious be sure to bring it to my immediate attention!"

<heat vision rips apart damage control.>

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Enough.

Everything has slowed to a crawl, and the LMB is destroying themselves. But the question is: who blew up the Lair?

That is the true culprit looking to start a war.

A blurry image with an 'S'? That's not much we have to go on and its coming from a source that we hardly know anything about. I know I should be at the Space Port with Abin, but I feel like this mystery is vitally important...

<punches Cobalt Kid across the face with a might never felt before>

<flies into the skies>

moves on to the Security Office

[ August 29, 2006, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Superboy_Prime ]

--------------------
death becomes me

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.