Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Texas Con Chat! (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Texas Con Chat!
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Awww...

I was just checking and I didn't get Steve to sign my book. >darnit<

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Ya know, it's been an eighth of a year since Dallas!?

It was great meeting you guys! We gotta do a kickass San Diego now. I know ferroboy's still up for the road trip! Cobie, how many will the new wheels hold?

quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
When I had Mark Waid sign my copy, Barry was already starting sketches. So I asked "can you sketch me some dialog" Mark looked dubious. But Steve Wacker egged him on. Saying that this was the first and last time for this, Mark drew a word balloon for Brainiac 5 and had him saying "Can you hear me now?"

The guy in front of me in Mark's line - may have been Kent, but I can't be sure - had his copy of the Titans/Legion special signed "To Ebay - Mark Waid".
Mine was indeed the first of many Mark signed to 'Ebay"

Great memories!

Let's make more in 2005, all! If you can't do San D, come to Boston next fall!

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I may be able to do both, if I start prepping early. Like say, right now.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
I think I'll lose my "convention virginity" to the smallish one in San Francisco in March. Then I'll decide about San Diego.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

That's a very sensible approach.

The big ones can be pure sensory overload if you've never been to one before.

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
The real reason I want to go is to pick up some original inked pages. I have a large unadorned wall in my downstairs gym that I want to dedicate to my comic book interest.
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Sounds cool. Any mid-sized con is likely to have someone selling pages.

I take it you're going to get the pages framed?

--------------------

Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Definitely framed. I'm also looking for an appropriate poster or two.
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Stargazer:
We will always have the Trail Dust, Sonic and Dickies...

We certainly will! Ah, the memories...

I've enjoyed all the LW meet-ups, but Dallas '04 was special because it was the first big meet-up we had. (A bunch of us had previously done smaller get-togethers.)

I'd forgotten about us all having "__ of 9" titles after the con! Just one of many fun things about the meet-up.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.