Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
But would it clean the pool?

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
me like squid ...

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imskian78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imskian78   Email imskian78         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry so late...
Dean, 36, Massachusetts (Boston area)
. Love Levitz/Giffen era, think DNA are doing an ok job too.
. Started reading in 1978, Earthwar, loved it. Re read it often.
. Fav. stories would be Legion lost, Great Darkness, anything involving Violet. Loved the legion on the asteroid story 289 (oh the drama)
. Love Bjork, Kate Bush, Aimee Mann, Erasure, Abba, Horror movies, suspense, reading (must read Stupid White Men by Micheal Moore, Space 1999, Survivor, The green.
. Think it would be great to get together as a Legion fandom group in NYC or something. Would be a blast.

Love Shrinking Violet, Star boy, Ultra boy, Element Lad, Projectra (pre boot), Umbra, Dawnstar

Hate Montress, Gates, KId Q, and always seeing the same legion members over and over again!

oh and Cos. costume from Grell was hot!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The LMBP Spectre
reserve member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The LMBP Spectre           Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Josephine (Joey for short)

Once, I was the LMBPer known as Foodmaker Kid (Dweezil Lewis), who was killed in battle. I was resurrected in the body of Donna Troy with the powers of the Spectre (and also mixed with Jar Jar Binks and Hal Jordan who are no longer connected to me). Now, I am my own separate identity, and I have made peace with myself.

I am a reserve LMBPer with vast powers who keep to herself these days. I am not entirely comfortable with fraternizing with others, but perhaps I'll stop in at SHAKES sometime.

I am single, and enjoy relationships with other ladies...

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SeaPea
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SeaPea   Email SeaPea         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi! I'm new so here's the info..

Name: Carol

I started reading the Legion with Adventure 312 (2nd half of death of LL story) at the ripe old age of 9. I haven't stopped. I have every issue in comic form and now I am buying the archives. However, I haven't reread them in a while so my knowledge is strongest with the issues of the 60s and 70s. Loved the Cochrum, Grell, and Abel eras and the stories of Paul Levitz.

Favorite Legionnaire is Element Lad and if anyone knows if they are going to bring him back or not please let me know! (My life is meaningless without the boy). Also like Sun Boy, Mon-el, Cosmic Boy and Ultra Boy.

Other pastimes include soccer (3 days a week, not bad for an old lady) and fly fishing. Also a big fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Do I pass?

--------------------
Go get'em Jan

From: Orange County, CA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
nice to make your acquaintance, carol ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, of course you pass.

[ October 13, 2003, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: Semi ]

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Carol, there is no pass/fail grade here. All that;s required for admission is a love for the Legion! Nice to meet you!

Vee

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healex
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healex   Email Healex         Edit/Delete Post     
Hello Guys... my turn.

Name/Stats: Ted, 38 yrs old, Tampa, Fl

First started reading the Legion with Superboy and the Legion # 201. Thats why I love Infectious Lass. Favorite period would be the Cockrum/Grell issues. All I can say is thank god I had an older brother that had a roommate skip out on him, leaving all his Adventure Comics (which I got).

Favorites would be: Shadow Lass, Phantom Girl, Projectra, Infectious Lass, Element Lad, Invisible Kid

Other interests: Star Trek, Space 1999, Man from Atlantis, Action Figures.

Been reading some of the fan fic on here and want to try my own. Using the lesser used characters.

From: Tampa | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome to you all! Hope you like it here at LW. [Smile]
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Late as usual (see the description of the faraway power in that thread) [Laugh Out Loud] but this is me.

Who Am I Thread?
Name Darden Coulthard

Occupation Civil Servant, Working in ACAS attempting to conciliate in Industrial Tribunal hearings

Where do you live a new town some 10 miles north of Newcastle upon Tyne in England (just)

Legion info I remember reading the Legion as a kid of around 7,8 9 something like that. Living in the frozen north it was very difficult to get copies of the legion on a regular basis but they were always my favourites. As I got older and “grew up” I left the legion behind. Then some ten years ago now I saw a Tales of the Legion comic on a second hand book stall in a market. I bought it for nostalgias sake and enjoyed reading about these childhood friends. So the next week I went back to find out what happened next. It was a fatal mistake. I was hooked again. It took me a long time to realise what was going on and to find out that the legion was still being published and to find a shop that had the new issues. But since then I have been a regular. I am getting close to my aim of having copies of every legion comic from 247 just a few more old adventures and odds and sods to get.

In terms of favourites I have to say I loved the Adventure era run. The storytelling the art and the general wildness of the stories still have a charm that is unique. Levitz and Giffen around the time of the GDS are good reads. And I do like the stories of DanA. Perhaps controversially I liked the “archie” legion artwork and think the Moy versions of the characters are amongst the best looking ever. Shame about some of the stories though.

Favourite characters are Saturn Girl and Cosmic Boy, with honourable mentions to Superboy, Gates, and B5

In terms of other interests I have to admit to a love of History and if I am not reading the legion I am often found with my head in a history book. Although I like all periods my favourites are the 17th (English Civil War) and 18th (The Enlightenment). And that’s about it, what with work, two teenage kids the legion and real life I don’t have much time to be a huge fan of any other genre.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Far, I'm a history buff too! I plan on getting my doctorate in history, mainly in Roman history and Medieval European. But there are plenty of other time periods that I'm really interested in! These include Byzantine, Medieval and Imperial Russia, and Late Middle Ages in Europe. One aspect of history I like is the Habsburg Empire centered in Austria, especially during the 17th and 18th century. Really, all history, especially European and Asian, are a big hobby of mine!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie,

I managed to get my Masters in 2001 with a thesis on the policing of industrial disputes in the late 19th century. But I just dont have the time or money to go any further. [Frown]

Still I do enjoy a good session in the Archives (just for fun you realise) So if you want a hand in the work for the history of the LMB let me know

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow three history lovers (counting myself) Who also like a series about the future. [Wink]

Cobalt Kid, I also noticed you seem to be a They Might Be Giants Fan too.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
I also like history, but for me it's just a hobby. I wish I had more time to devote to it (at the moment I'm interested in Japanese history...)

Juan

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.