Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Share something else completely random!!! (Page 89)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 104 pages: 1  2  3  ...  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  ...  102  103  104   
Author Topic: Share something else completely random!!!
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I was reading about Supreme Court Justice James Reynolds. Apparently he was a v ery disagreeable person in addition to being a racist and anti-semite. He didn't talk to Justice Brandeis for 3 years and not at all to Justice Cardozo. During Justice Cardozo's swearing in, he purposefully read a newspaper. He would turn his chair around so his back was to any black lawyer arguing before the court. He would leave if a female lawyer was presenting a case.

He didn't employ anyone who was Jewish or black, except for his personal messenger who was black. Justice Reynolds remained in DC when he retired and died 5 years later. None of the Supreme Court justices went to his funeral. His personal messenger died about 7 years after that and the Chief Justice and some of the other justices went to his funeral.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Arthur Burghardt played the Great Ahmed Kahn in the movie "Network" and Dr. Jack Scott on the soap opera "One Life to Live." He also did the voices of Destro from the original "G.I. Joe" cartoon and Devastator from the original "Transformers" cartoon.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I've gone past this local landmark on numerous occasions.

-

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
^Whoever came up with the idea for that was a real loaf-er. [Big Grin]

--------------------

cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
TRIUMPH OF THE BREAD!

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

If I see footage of early 70s rock concerts with the volume turned down, I can't tell the difference between John Fogerty, Steve Miller, and David Gates of Bread.

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I saw Crazy, Stupid, Love on DVD over the weekend. Normally I dislike romcoms, but this one was kind of sweet. And it had lots of shirtless Ryan "Photoshopped" Gosling. [Big Grin]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
My all-time favorite comic character of any kind is Charlie Brown. Coincidentally, three of my favorite Legionnaires also have the initials "CB". [Cosmic Boy] [Chameleon Boy] [Colossal Boy]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

I love jobsearch sites that demand hours of your time to set up a detailed profile about what you can and can't do... only to flood your email box daily with a metric ton of jobs that your profile explicitly states you are not qualified to do!!

Gah.

--------------------

cleome46

quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
My all-time favorite comic character of any kind is Charlie Brown. Coincidentally, three of my favorite Legionnaires also have the initials "CB". [Cosmic Boy] [Chameleon Boy] [Colossal Boy]

And you know Computo would get on the intercom system and prank them all the time, calling for "CB to report to Payroll at once," but never specifying which one it meant. [Razz]

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

I just realized that Ozzy Osbourne's 1991 song "Hellraiser" borrows its melody from one of Heart's 80s power ballads, but since all 80s Heart power ballads sound alike to me, I can't remember what it's called.

--------------------

matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
I've started adjusting my bedtime to account for the half hour nap I take on the commuter bus in the morning nowadays.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Coincidentally, three of my favorite Legionnaires also have the initials "CB". [Cosmic Boy] [Chameleon Boy] [Colossal Boy]

There was a cute scene in the Legion cartoon where Cosmic Boy and Colossal Boy greeted each other as 'CB1' and 'CB2.'
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

There was a Flintstones episode in which Wilma was having a nightmare that Fred was having an affair with a French woman. In her dream, he was telling the woman "Je t'aime! Je t'adore! Où est la plume de ma tante?". Translation: "I love you! I adore you! Where is my aunt's pen?".

--------------------

cleome46

-

--------------------

This topic comprises 104 pages: 1  2  3  ...  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  ...  102  103  104   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.