Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die (Page 87)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Perhaps he should pay the dealer with money from the Game of Life.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
What? Monopoly Money isn't good enough for you?

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
But am I good enough for Monopoly money?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Search your feelings, Luke Quis. Then you will know the answer.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
But will his feelings provide enough revenue for the life dealer?

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Feelings, nothing more than feelings,
Trying to forget my feelings of love.
Teardrops rolling down on my face,
Trying to forget my feelings of love.

Feelings, for all my life I'll feel it.
I wish I've never met you, girl;
You'll Never Come Again.

Feelings, wo-o-o feelings,
Wo-o-o, feel you again in my arms.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
...In closing, let me say that you voters have performed a major public service, and that just because your song didn't make the list, that doesn't mean it isn't awful (unless you were one of the badly misguided people who voted for "The Tupperware Song").

Let me also say that I am very relieved to learn that there are people besides me who hate "Stairway to Heaven."

Thank you.

P.S. Also "I Shot the Sheriff."

-- Dave Barry, 1993

Worst Songs

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

After reading Dave Barry's article, I want to hear "Hooty Sapperticker."

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Never mind. I just did. [LOL]

--------------------

Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! Just Wow!

That was baaaaaaad!

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

The worst record I've ever heard is Jimmy Cross's I Want My Baby Back.

--------------------

cleome46

I'd have to give the award to Spandau Ballet's True.

Oh, the horror... [No]

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

You'd vote for "True" over a song about a guy who digs up and jumps in the coffin of his three-months-dead girlfriend?!? [Eek!]

--------------------

cleome46

Yes, and I'll tell you why:

1) There is no excuse for naming a band "Spandau Ballet."

2) "...With a thrill in my head
And a pill on my tongue
Here's hoping love has just begun..."

Really, that should be more than enough.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

How can you not like a name that was chosen after it was discovered written on a restroom wall? [Wink]

Perhaps we should start a thread about really bad song lyrics. My nominee: Blondie's "I'll give you head--and shoulders to cry on."

--------------------

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.