Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » SHAKES 4 - Now Open (Page 87)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 123 pages: 1  2  3  ...  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  ...  121  122  123   
Author Topic: SHAKES 4 - Now Open
The Red Bee
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Red Bee   Email The Red Bee         Edit/Delete Post     
My apologies. I won't bother you anymore. I'm just looking for some quiet contemplation with a scotch.

I didn't mean to overhear.

From: Indiana | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Babette
Babe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Babette           Edit/Delete Post     
Well then, here's a Dalwhinnie. It's a good beginner's scotch.
From: SHAKES | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Red Bee
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Red Bee   Email The Red Bee         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's lookin' at you

[Cheers]

From: Indiana | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Babette
Babe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Babette           Edit/Delete Post     
Are you human?
From: SHAKES | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Red Bee
Applicant

No, not quite. Neither human nor android I'm afraid. I'm not sure there is a scientific explanation for what I am in interlac, though they'd waste no time trying to come up with one if they can ever hold me long enough.

I take many forms, this one is a favorite, one of two that Legion World knows me by.

Pagan Lass
Sorceress/Table Dancer/Grandmother

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pagan Lass   Email Pagan Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
Calling him Crap on a Stick would be an insult to Crap.

I've got at least a dozen warrants for your arrest, Bee-itch. So it's face down on the floor time for you.

But you could choose to resist arrest, <Draws Her Twin Katannas> I'd like that...

--------------------
/ / ( . )Y( . ) \ \

What can I DO for you?

From: Legion World Security Office | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like he's long gone My. And we know the story with tracking the Bee...

<looks at drink>

(Scotch, eh?)

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Semi, can I have a Lard Lad special? Feels only right to honor him with a drink...

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
a Lard Lad special? sounds fattening.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
*sniff* Have some respect for the deceased!

...and I am NOT fat!

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I never said you were fat; just that the drink sounds fattening.

I do not believe Lardy is really dead. He is NOT yet a registered voter in Chicago as of 5 p.m. yesterday.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Bartender! Can you recommend a good scotch to be stored in a vault as an investment?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Lard Lad special? Hmmm. Since I've never had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Lad, perhaps you could give me some information about him that fwould help me concoct an appropriate libation.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Bartender! Can you recommend a good scotch to be stored in a vault as an investment?

Fat Cramer, I found the following bit of information that may assist you with your investment:

Twelve bottles of "The Macallan" 60 year old unblended Scotch whiskey were recently released for auction in Milan. The bottles are decorated with designer labels especially created by Italian artist Valerio Adami, and each came with its own brass and glass display case. Described by the editors of "Wine Magazine" as "incredibly smooth, round and rich", an anonymous Scottish businessman entered a sealed bid for 15,000 pounds Sterling for each of the bottles numbered 1 - 6, thus making this the world's most expensive Scotch whiskey. The other bottles remained unsold but this did not discourage auctioneer Paolo Armani who speculates that in "five or six years their value will probably double".

As for storing the whiskey in a vault, once bottled, the scotch will not improve with age. Here's a snippet discussing that:

Potential buyers of single malt Scotch whisky should be aware of several things First, all scotch whisky matures and improves in oak casks. There really are enormous differences between whiskeys that are 8, 12, 16 or 25 years old. After being bottled, that development stops but the whisky can maintain its quality for 50, 100 or more years so long as the bottle remains sealed. Even after opening, blended whisky will not deteriorate provided that its bottle or decanter is tightly sealed. On the other hand, once single malt whisky has been opened, it will lost much of its power and flavor after 2 - 3 weeks.

[ October 28, 2007, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: Semi Transparent Fellow ]

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Bah!

Scotch was made for drinking, not storage!

..got anything 35 years old and peaty?

This topic comprises 123 pages: 1  2  3  ...  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  ...  121  122  123   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.