Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Another Person Below Me (Page 83)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Another Person Below Me
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
A group of friends and I were walking to a bar when one of us - I'll call him Knothead (who wasn't paying attention) - ran smack into a light pole complete with a resounding "ptt-tong" sound effect. Hilarious in a slapstick sort of way. Then, after having our fill of Miller Lite, we were on the way back and I was laughing and joking about Knothead walking into the light pole, when I walked into the very same light pole. Hilarious in a divine justice sort of way. We all pretty much lost it, and I laughed so hard I cried (plus it hurt).

APBM

What's your favorite alcoholic beverage.

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Although I like a glass of wine or a margarita quite a lot, I think my very favorite is a good scotch.

Alto Punches Baritone's Mouth:

You can have sex with any celebrity you want: Who is it?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Egad, Rocky!

Well, OK, then, a peek into my fantasy world: Lauryn Hill circa 1998.

A Partisan Bureaucratic Mandate:

You have the power to pass one new federal law... what is it?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Does it have to be supported by one of the enumerated powers of Congress?

Regardless, I would like a law that reformed our election process. Shorten the time for the election; make it possible for third, fourth, fifth, sixth party candidates; limit the amount of money that can be spent; get a standardized system of voting (ballots, methods of voting); and go to a direct vote (no more Electoral College)

Ash Pine Birch Maple,

If you could be any type of tre... er forget that.

You have a time machine and have been charged with living in and observing any era of time for a period of one year. What time would you go to?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I would want to observe one year of Jesus's ministry.

APBM,

Same question.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
It's hard to resist seeing what really went on with Jesus, but since HWW has that covered, I'll go to Chaucer's era.

Always Positively Beautifully Marvelous,

Which do you prefer: Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Harry Potter. The long hard (for me)to pronounce and similar names in LOTR tips the scales towards Harry Potter.

Astaire Pavlova Baryshnikov Markova,

Do you dance at weddings?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't been to a wedding in about nine years, so I would have to say no.

APBM,

What was the last movie that made you cry?

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phineas B. Fuddle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phineas B. Fuddle           Edit/Delete Post     
V for Vendetta - the scene where Evey emerges from her torture.

APBM,

What was the last comic book that made you cry?

Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Aside from the art on threeboot #47, and knowing it'll probably be the same or worse on #48 (Quote from Shooter "but we subsequently added an in-continuity, two-issue fill-in to buy time for [artist] Francis Manapul, who’d already needed to have two issues drawn by substitute artists."), I'd have to say post-crisis Legion of Super-Heroes #37 and 38, with the death of Superboy in Mon-El's arms.

A Perfect Brother Murdered,

Same question.

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Hm, I'm trying to remember if there have been any recent ones. Definitely the end of New Frontier had me all teared up. And All-Star Superman #10 the same.

But All-Star Superman #6, probably the best single issue in comics in the last ten years, was probably it. I really did silently and quietly have a little cry when I read it. It was great.

APBM,

I like this question--same thing.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I guess I don't cry easily from comics. I don't think I have done so since The Last Days of the Justice Society.

Apple Pear Butter Marmalade,

Have you had a point (or points) in your life when you did not buy comics at all?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, the last one was when I moved to a rural area with no comic stores and I had very little disposable income.

Anabaptist Presbyterian Brethren Methodist,

When did you last climb a tree?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

There's a picture of my brother and me when we were about 14 and 15, respectively, leaning against branches in a tree in our grandparents' backyard. I guess that would be the last time.

APBM,

What song do you like to sing when no one's looking?

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Several but the one I currently have found myself singing is "God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman" in preperation for Christmas. Its my favorite Christmas song (the Bing Crosby version--I like the oldest ones the best).

APBM,

When do you usually decide to fully embrace the holiday cheer? Advertising firms and radio stations usually try to go the day after Thanksgiving (though it seems more and more they go earlier each year) but many people have their own 'okay, now I can get into it' timeline.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.