Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev) (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev)
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hm. Yes, Cobie and I cleaned up a lot during my term, but the illegal tobacco black market has been something else. I know Exnihil ran a tobacco shop a while back, but his particular blends were deemed safe and of legal varieties. I tried to contact him (her?) recently, but Ex's offworld on vacation. Ex might be a good one to talk to when he/she returns.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh...I'm in. I've decided I like the side of good...but the attitude is gonna be a little different from now on.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
There's a big difference between the stuff Ex sold and the black market stuff Pagan smoked. The stuff she used was loaded with additives to make it more addicting, and at the same time more deadly to the user.

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(I want... No I need to find this person before Abin does.)

--------------------
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
Oh...I'm in. I've decided I like the side of good...but the attitude is gonna be a little different from now on.

Good to have confirmation, old buddy! Do you want this Nyebif case, Dev? This Venturan is an ass, but he's an important one. Seems your shape-changing powers might help you follow him and snoop around to see if his life's really in danger.

He's currently at Cobie's Midnight Lounge. Want the case?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Space Ranger:
There's a big difference between the stuff Ex sold and the black market stuff Pagan smoked. The stuff she used was loaded with additives to make it more addicting, and at the same time more deadly to the user.

Yes, I understand the difference completely, Bart. Ex didn't sell that shit, but he may have info on who does. Otherwise, I've got nothin'.

You might want to double-check with Cobie, too...maybe he built up some files while you were, er, dead.

--------------------

Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
Seems to me you've been dead a time or three yourself Chief. And for the record, I never died, but if Cobie hadn't followed a wild hunch I would have.

(And it was just a little too close for comfort)

--------------------
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Just once, actually...not counting the near-death experience of being shot in the head!

In any case you were out of action a long time, and I'm sure Cobie gathered up all kinds of intel while you were gone. He may even have some that he never got around to ever finding out what exactly they meant in the larger scheme.

He was never as detail-oriented as yourself or Matlock. And Matlock has been mostly absent himself in recent years.

It's just a hunch, but one that may be worth investigating.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Taylor:
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:

Good to have confirmation, old buddy! Do you want this Nyebif case, Dev? This Venturan is an ass, but he's an important one. Seems your shape-changing powers might help you follow him and snoop around to see if his life's really in danger.

He's currently at Cobie's Midnight Lounge. Want the case?

On it.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

While yer at it, Dev, keep an ear out. The attacks on us a few months ago are still unsolved, and there may be info out there to be had...

--------------------

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So now that you have the new place Chief, when are you going to have the house warming BBQ? You've got the pool for it.

[ June 22, 2010, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: CJ Taylor ]

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
If you guys want to use the pool, I have to, uh, clean a couple people, I mean, things out if it ...

<splash>

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
<Abin flies in and looks at the pool.>

Kangaroos???

<Three steps take him to the entrance to the Chief's Office.>

Hi Gladys... Is the Chief in?

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Gladys, I need...

Oh, Abin! Nice to see you looking so...sober...er, well. Somethin' I can do for ya? I'm kinda in the middle of planning a barbecue, but I always have time for you.

--------------------

Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
<Abin stares hard at Chief Taylor for a few seconds, then blinks and shakes his head.>

Lardy... Chief... I don't... There's something in the background... something that was once part of you and could be part of you again. You just have to need it bad enough... You have to hit bottom and lose all hope before it will come back!

Yee Gods! I can't do this! I look at you and I know the truth! But it's not the truth I'm looking for!

You didn't do it! Cobalt didn't do it! But somebody did!

<A green glow surrounds Abin and he flies off>

I WILL find that SOMEONE!

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Gods, I thought he was sober? He's either drunk off his ass to the point of appearing sober--or he's just losing it!

Either way, it's dangerous for someone in his state to have that ring!

<takes out Omnicom>

Chief Taylor to Shark Lad...stay on Abin. If he so much as jaywalks, I want you to bring him in! Taylor out.

--------------------

This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.