Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Fanfic Lass' Fantabulous Land of Eighties Enchantment (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: Fanfic Lass' Fantabulous Land of Eighties Enchantment
Ann Hebistand
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann Hebistand           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm having an extra wing added to the sanctuary, dedicated to the stuff I'm nostalgic for: the boy bands and girl groups of the late 90s. Stealth was horrified at first, but she came around. She did, however, beg me to not include anything about W*** O*****, the girl group whose members included one who metamorphosed into what Stealth calls "The Evil That Is Fergie." [LOL]

I can't figure out what Stealth hates about her. Sure, she's annoying, but she's not evil.

And, of course, fans of boy bands and girl groups (except W*** O*****) are welcome to contribute posts on the subject to this thread.

Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Sometimes the line between evil and annoying is very difficult to discern, especially at the end of a long work day.

I hope you don't forget the Aquanettas, Carmina Pirahna, Sleater-Kinney, and Two Nice Girls. Chronological fudging aside, I still miss all of them.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
(snip)

quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
...But then I thought hair metal was a pox on music in the '80s, and time for the most part has not changed that...

My best buddy in my High School years used to drive us to the mall, and we'd do things like stand outside the Record World or Sam Goody store and have loud mock-arguments about which hair-metal god on the window posters had the prettiest hair and lips.

I had a college buddy who always referred to those kinds of bands as "precious" Metal.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Man Alive!! I haven't even heard of any of those groups with the exception of Sleater-Kinney (Good group).

Oh Deirdre, If you need heating, electrical, air conditioning, plumbing or anything of that ilk for the new wing, let me know....i know some people [Smile]

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann Hebistand
Applicant

Cleome, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not into indie rock. When I said "boy bands and girl groups from the late 90s", I meant groups like the Spice Girls and the Backstreet Boys. That was the soundtrack of my tweens, just like hair metal was the soundtrack to Stealth's tweens.

Deddy, I hope your offer still stands after the above revelation. [LOL] [Wink]

Ann Hebistand
Applicant

Wow, that cleared the room fast.

Never underestimate the power of prefabricated pop to either delight or irritate, with no middle ground.

[LOL]

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
lol, I'm back....and yup the offer stands [Smile]
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

quote:
Originally posted by Deirdre:
Wow, that cleared the room fast.

Never underestimate the power of prefabricated pop to either delight or irritate, with no middle ground.

[LOL]

Au contraire, My Pretty. Groups like Betty or the Lascivious Biddies are parked right on the border between "indie rock" and "girl pop." Luscious Jackson might qualify, as well.

[Big Grin]

deddy, let's buy a used trailer or two and set up our own museum in the neighboring county. We can pass out flyers to the unwary as they're exiting Deirdre's fine establishment. Maybe lure them with free tacos and beer. Y'know, something classy.

--------------------

Ann Hebistand
Applicant

Thanks, Deddy. I'll definitely need a good crew. I'm visualizing something like a Mini-Disneyland.

Cleome, I agree there is good pop in the indie margins, it's just that I rarely seem to uncover it. Guess I have to try harder. A word of warning, though: it's best not to mention Luscious Jackson when Stealth's around. Anything with connections to the Beastie Boys makes her apoplectic. Ha ha.

cleome46

She'll be livid when I finally get around to starting my "Defending the Nineties" thread then.

[Evil]

[cranks up Beth Orton's Trailer Park. If Orton had never waxed anything but "Galaxy of Emptiness" or "Thinking About Tomorrow," she'd still be a goddess to me]

[Love]

--------------------

Ann Hebistand
Applicant

quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
She'll be livid when I finally get around to starting my "Defending the Nineties" thread then.

[Evil]

[ROTFLMAO]
cleome46

[Bump]

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So where's your "Defending the Nineties" thread, Cleome? I'm waiting... [Smile]

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

I need to finish the Crack Fic That Won't Die first. It's already a year behind schedule.

[Big Grin]

Hey, I heard an all-acoustic version of "Love My Way" on YouTube yesterday. I hugged my monitor. I think the nice weather is making me extra-sappy or something.

[Embarrassed]

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I love that song. I love everything on the Psychedelic Furs' "Forever Now" album. Todd Rundgren doesn't get nearly enough credit for his production.

And while we're on the subject of the Furs, am I a heretic for liking the 1986 "Pretty in Pink" better than the 1981 "Pretty in Pink"?

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.