Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The All-Rockhopper Lad Appreciation thread (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: The All-Rockhopper Lad Appreciation thread
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Keep us posted as well as you can, Rocky. I'll be thinkin' about you today.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
If Ike does strand you, I hope some hunky guy gets stranded with you. [Wink]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
If Ike does strand you, I hope some hunky guy gets stranded with you. [Wink]

Does Hyvvie count? [Wink]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
nope.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
[sigh] He's the closest I'll get.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Are you guys under mandatory evacuation orders, Rocky? [choke]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

No, that's only in the areas close to the Gulf that are prone to storm surge. Galveston and the areas southeast of Houston are most vulnerable. I'm in Houston proper. The Mayor of Houston essentially told us "If you're not in the mandatory evacuation zone, stay put!" The adage is "run from the water, hide from the wind." Where I live, they're predicting the maximum sustained winds to be in the low Category 1 range.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
There was a gas panic rush here, yesterday in SC. Rumors were going around that gas was about to spike to $5/gallon because of concerns about the threatened refineries, and suddenly there were long lines at every station in the city I work. Gas was sold-out by the time I got off. I commute about 26 miles, so I was sweating a very low tank until I got home. Luckily, I made it, and the stations in my town still had gas as well.

These things really have a ripple effect, don't they? I really hate to see the panicking herd mentality that surrounds these kinds of things. [No]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
stay safe, Rocky!
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

BTW, I've learned that the best source for information about hurricanes is, by far, the National Hurricane Center.

Here in Houston, the Houston Chronicle has been most reliable, especially Eric Berger, their science blogger ("The SciGuy").

--------------------

Pov

Has Bill Nye sued him for copyright infringement yet? [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
good luck, rocky!

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

The wind is starting to pick up. No rain in Southwest Houston yet. I'm way out of the storm surge area, so don't let the pics you've seen on TV of Galveston scare you about me.

Has anyone heard from Klordny (Michael)? I think he lives in an evacuation zone. Quiet Darkness lives not far from me (although we've only met once and that was at SDCC), so she's not in an evacuation zone.

We'll just hope for the best.

[Hug]

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Post a message if you lose power. [Wink]

Seriously, stay safe and dry.

--------------------

Pov

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Post a message if you lose power. [Wink]

So bad, Quis. [ROTFLMAO]

Headline News and The Weather Channel were showing footage of the wind damage done to the Hilton Hotel. [Eek!] ! Hunker down and stay safe, Rocky! [Hug] ( [Hug] for Hyvvie, too. [Smile] )

--------------------

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.