Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Lardy's Lair (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Lardy's Lair
Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Renly Fox           Edit/Delete Post     
I say you are misinformed my friend. The United Planets cleared Cobalt of any wrongdoing, as you know well from your research. It was a rogue Captain, not only acting without Cobalt’s say-so, but against the orders of his second-in-command, Scipio Taltarus. You see, I too researched the matter before I came here.

I’m worried about you.

You see, we did have one meeting shortly before your death, and before my…change. You were chasing me, believing me to be criminal. You were relentless. Enraged. Almost ruthless. There was something wrong with you. I know, because I used to feel it myself, constantly.

It doesn’t exist in you anymore. I’d hate to see it come back into your eyes.

Cobalt Kid is not my friend, and I don’t wish it to be so. The reason I talk to you now is because I worry about my friend, Clive. I worry about what will happen to him if something happens to you when you pursue this. Slim is a maniac, and a villain, and its he that needs to be stopped should he ever return.

If the United Planets will not hold another hearing for Cobalt Kid, and the LMBP has cleared him, what would you propose? Surely anything further would be something that could potentially divide Legion World...into Civil War.

From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That's not my desire, Sir Roy...to divide Legion World into Civil War. Yes, he was cleared of wrongdoing, but he never had his day in court. I daresay the United Planets is either afraid of him or too reliant on his Knights Templar for its defense.

I mean, what of Cobalt's actions after the Invasion of Legion World? When he took unsanctioned aggression into Dark Oval territory? One could argue that his aggression spurred their increased hostilities that resulted in the Oval's annexation of Epsilon Sector! What of his (and apparently my own) incursion into the Hrykosian sector of Oval space that started this all?

Who was Cobalt Kid accountable to? Who, my friend watches the watchman?

Don't you see, Sir Roy? He's recently disassociated himself from the Office of Security? Is he truly in search of peace and love?

NO!! He's preparing for his next move...removing all accountability from his actions! Sir Roy, I don't know what it will be, but it's probably the most aggressive move yet!

Someone's got to reign him in before it's too late!!!

Is there no wisdom in this reasoning? You've known despots in your time--hell, you've been one! In hindsight, don't you wish someone had intervened for you before you went over the edge?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Renly Fox           Edit/Delete Post     
Your thoughts are curious, I admit. I know many LMBers were horrified at Cobalt's relentless pursuit of the Dark Oval forces despite other LMBers and the majority of the UP following his lead. He's always been accountable to UP military high-command, but its safe to say they consider him one of their own.

<thinks on it>

No. I'm too tempted to see evil in him, as I would Fat Cramer or the Emerald Empress when she lived. And I'll never have the chance to do right by the Empress, now that she's gone. But perhaps I can do right by Cobalt Kid.

I think this "feeling" you have, Lard Lad, is leading you to a dangerous place. As much as I wish someone had intervened for me, I daresay it might not have done much good. In the end, I had to find my own path. As does Cobalt...as do you.

I'll give further thought to your words, as I owe you that much. But please give more thought to mine.

I must leave you now, as I'm off to reunite with some friends here on LW.

Good luck, Lard Lad.

<exits>

From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<after Roy leaves>

Gods, I thought I had him there! It seems like Roy craves redemption, but fears it at the same time! Maybe he'll reconsider. If not, it's just me and Gary...

What would Cobalt have to do for people to see him the way I do?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<later that night, Lardy wakes up in a cold sweat>

*gasp*

I...I remember something!

Cobalt Kid...he---he KILLED me!

--------------------

Phineas B. Fuddle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phineas B. Fuddle           Edit/Delete Post     
*down in streets below*

Hey, keep it down up there! Some of us are trying to keep up with the story over a warm glass of milk.

Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<gathers himself>

I-I've got to tell someone...maybe my 'son' Clive!

<reaches out with the Lard Force>

There--got 'im!

<'ports over to Security Office>

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<sends message>

Gary. Lard. Meet me at the Lair ASAP. Much to discuss.

--------------------

Zardi, the Eternal Man
All Powerful Lord of Castle Zardi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
You need to be patient Lard Lad.

There are things happening behind the scenes that will shed a new light on Legion World and on Cobalt Kid.

Let things play out...

I'll contact you soon.

--------------------
Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I'll continue to trust you on this, Gary, but we've been stymied at every turn by Cobalt's good ole boy cronies--my patience for bringing him to justice is wearing thin.

This Space Ranger reappearance...it means something! I just don't know whether it's to our advantage...or our disadvantage. And I'm not likin' the uncertainty at all!

--------------------

Lolita
His Girl Friday

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolita           Edit/Delete Post     
<enters, holding flashlight and clutching trenchcoat tightly>

Hm, this place has been closed down for some time. A little dark in here...

<hears noise>

I knew I should have brought back-up. So what do I know about this place? Lardy's original 'location / business' on Legion World when most of the original LMB were creating them. Was destroyed during the Invasion, but since restored. Since then, there were many rumors of back-handed dealings going on down here...Lonestar Ranger for one though he finally did get what was coming to him. (Poor Frio).

And of course, Lardy's continued threats and accusations against Cobalt. But do I really think he tried to kill him? Maybe. But probably not. I could see his shock at my accusations when I was... in a different state of mind...

<flashes light around the Lair>

How did Lardy survive his battle with the Computer Tyrant? I always suspected he was the Tyrant itself in disguise but Cobalt said he didn't think so...Clive was the more likely suspect, which is why he made himself closer to Clive...

<picks up manilla folder thick with information>

What is this?

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<'ports in>

Halt! Who goes there? Gary is that--

--Lolita? What are you doing here?

--------------------

Lolita
His Girl Friday

<pulls blaster from her holster on pure instinct>

GET BACK!!! I'm not afraid to--

Lardy?

<she goes quiet for a second and then notices she's once more aiming a blaster at Lard Lad>

Oh. That's twice now, I guess.

<puts blaster down>

Three if you count when I aimed it at both you and Cobie. What are you doing here, Lardy? I thought you weren't leaving the Rookery?

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

You set off my proximity alarm, Lolita. I came to investigate...thought you might be someone else, actually.

<eyes folder>

Whatcha got there?

--------------------

Lolita
His Girl Friday

<rueful smile>

You tell me? Either its yours, or someone left it for you--someone like Gary Concord.

I'd like to think its more than just dirt on Cobalt Kid. I was hoping it might have some answers to a question that should have been answered some time ago. Just how in the world did you survive the battle with the Computer Tyrant?

I'll be frank Lard Lad. I've been angry with you for several months now. For what you've been accusing Cobie of, when I know he's innocent and you've been hurting him. But I don't think you tried to kill him. Not willingly at least.

Maybe we can figure out some of these answers together.

<opens up manilla folder>

Tell me, what *do* you remember about when you died? Or more importantly...when you came back?

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.