Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Share something else completely random!!! (Page 76)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 104 pages: 1  2  3  ...  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  ...  102  103  104   
Author Topic: Share something else completely random!!!
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
So, my brother in New Hampshire was having a cook-out this past week-end. I don't have a car, but my cousin does (and due to a foot cast, can't drive) So, I was going to take the train to my coousin's and we would both go up to my brother's. The cook-out was to start around 12-1, but my brother said that we could come at anytime.

Thursday, my cousin called & said "What train are you taking on Sunday?" I replied "I'll be on the 9:30 train, but the cook-out is on Saturday." (you can see where this is headed) On Saturday, I took the train to my cousin's and we then drove up to my brother's. We are headed up the walk to the door when my brother comes out with a startled look on his face. "What are you doing here?" he asked. To which I said "You said we could come early!" Yup the cook-out was for Sunday.

So we sat around tlking for a bit when my brother's SO came back from an errand. He had a confused look on his face seeing us there. He ended up treating us to lunch at a local restaurant.

Then my cousin & I headed back to her house. She offered to let me spend the night, but I hadn't brought a change of clothes, my toothbrush, or my razor. So I headed back to Boston (it is a hour train ride) Then Sunday, we did the whole thing over again, but with a cook-out actually occuring.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Funny story, Quis.

I just had a similar experience.

This afternoon, I realized I had a message on my voicemail from my brother. The time signature said it was left at 9:36 a.m. Tuesday (today). He was coming to town tomorrow to have lunch with a friend and wanted to invite me along. Since my birthday is in a few days, he offered to pay for my dinner.

I returned the call and left a message on his machine, accepting the invitation. Well, several hours later, I got another message from him. Turns out he'd left the message yesterday and he and his friend actually met today.

Damn cell phones.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
This story wins the award for most heart-warming animal story of the year:
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/rabbit-nursing-orphaned-kittens-182112459.html

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
 -
Marsden Hartley, Morgenrot, 1932

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Lego pieces of all varieties comprise a universal system.
Despite variation in the design and purpose of individual pieces over the years, each remains compatible in some way with existing pieces. Lego bricks from 1958 still interlock with those made in the current time, and Lego sets for young children are compatible with those made for teenagers.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Right now, I can hear boogie-woogie piano in one ear, and the football game in the other.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king

I really should be sleeping in, seeing as I've been waking up early for work for the past 6 days in a row.
I can't help it though ... posting on here is so much fun! [Smile]

cleome46

I wish I could get one (or several) of these: NSFW. And extras for gifts. Yeah, I need professional help.

[No]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
The 5 Most Impractical Aspects of Superhero Costumes

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
I just returned from a trip to The US, and on the flight over we went through turbulence and I bit down on my already problematic wisdom tooth.
My face puffed up like the elephant man, and on our first day in the country I decided to get it taken care of.
I had my wisdom tooth removed at a random ghetto dentist, where they played Snoop Dogg in the surgery and the dude that operated on me had a gnarly diamond incisor.
Some sketchy guy tried to sell my boyfriend watches out of his coat outside.
True Story.
It was totally awesome.

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

It seems like a while since Sketch Lad has visited. I hope he's doing okay.

[Hmmm?]

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
^^He posted new Starsearchers pages on Facebook this weekend!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Oh, another Facebook migrant. Well, so long as he's alive and kicking, it's all good.

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
In fact he just posted that he had a great day!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Wish he'd head over here to make our days brighter!

My date and I just exchanged "I Love You"s last night. Wicked awesome! I'm still glowing [Big Grin]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 104 pages: 1  2  3  ...  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  ...  102  103  104   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.