Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die (Page 76)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Has anyone tried the new V8 broccoli soup? It's excellent!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I've made broccoli soup from scratch, but soup weather has pretty much ended in these parts for a spell-- unless we're talking cold soup, of course.

Mmmm... borscht...

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't really cook (I can, I just don't enjoy it), so for me it's always soup weather. After all, how much heat does a microwave throw off? [Big Grin]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I manage to enjoy it sometimes, despite the fact that our kitchen is crap and always will be. I'm probably the last person in North America to possess neither a dishwasher nor a cellphone.

OTOH, the blender and the food processor are great during cold soup season.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
I'm probably the last person in North America to possess neither a dishwasher nor a cellphone.

This sounds like you are the only person who has a cell phone and dishwasher.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

[shrug] It's okay. I never worked out that whole colon vs. semicolon thing, either.

I need to invent a method for making disposable dishes out of weeds and grass clippings.

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

I'm even worse at anything to do with plants. I kill cacti, aloe and ivy. If I took up gardening, I'd probably start a famine.

--------------------

cleome46

Right now, gardening with native plants is all the rage here. It works less well in practice than in theory, particularly if the dominant plants in your yard are already non-natives.

[sigh]

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

When it came time for me to buy a home, I bought a condo with no unpaved ground attached to it. What did those plants ever do to me?

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, they do provide you with oxygen . . .

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

And so I should reward them by killing them with my gardening ineptitude?

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Some Native American tribes say prayers of thanks to the animals they kill for food. You could adopt the same practice . . .

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Grass is damn hard to kill. Take it from one who tries each and every summer. [Razz]

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

I have yet to meet a plant I couldn't kill. It may be a super-power. Maybe it's related to Rockhopper Lad's ice powers--kind of like a killing frost.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
And to paraphrase Salt-n-Pepa, there ain't a man alive that you couldn't get next too.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.