Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die (Page 73)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Kinky ran for governor here in 2006. Mostly he did what all third-party candidates do in the United States: Divide the electorate and allow the candidate most of the voters didn't want to get (in this case re-)elected.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I would have voted for him. The duopoly gives me hives.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Among the home remedies for hives is taking cayenne pepper capsules, making a paste of oatmeal & corn starch, adding grapefruit seed extract to water and spraying it on the hives, rubbing baby oil on them, and taking a cold shower.

I hope that helps you cleome.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Counselor, that seems like an awful lot of work. De-registering with the Big Two was much, much easier.

Besides, showers are bourgeois. [Razz]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Kodos: It's true, we are aliens. But what are you going to do about
it? It's a two-party system; you have to vote for one of us.
[murmurs]
Man1: He's right, this is a two-party system.
Man2: Well, I believe I'll vote for a third-party candidate.
Kang: Go ahead, throw your vote away.
[Kang and Kodos laugh out loud]

Homer: Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Kang was also the name of a Klingon on the original Star Trek, played by Michael Ansara. At the time Ansara was married to Barbara Eden of I Dream of Jeannie fame.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

quote:
Wake up this morning there's a letter on the mat.
Big Brother wanna' know where little brother's at again.
Life is a piece of paper, goes on forever.
Sign on the dotted line or end up in the river
Drowned drowned drowned drowned
Don't worry 'bout it, Baby.
Don't try to understand.
You got the answer in your hand:
Throw it away

-- Joe Jackson, "Throw It Away"

Disclaimer: LMB's Deputy does not know who Joe Jackson endorses to be Governor of Texas. Thank You, and have a great weekend.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
"Is she really going out with him?
Is she really gonna take him home tonight?
Is she really going out with him,
'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me
There's something going wrong around here."

--Joe Jackson

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

You CAN read it in the Sunday papers.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Bah! The blogosphere had it first.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Can blogs be trusted?

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
can anyone or anything be trusted?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Blanche: "Do You Trust Me?"

quote:
...Now the lilac's lost its fragrance
And the soil has turned to dust
And it doesn't take a trusting man
To sing a song of trust...

[ May 24, 2009, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

If we can't trust the doctors, who can we trust?

--------------------

Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
According to the United States Department of Labor, there are, licensed in the United States, 281,740 Physicians

From the US Department of Health and Human Services:

Upwards of 98,000 people die in U.S. hospitals each year as the result of medical errors.

Also according to the Department of Justice:

There are approximately 44 million gun owners in the United States. This means that 25 percent of all adults, and 40 percent of American households, own at least one firearm. These owners possess 192 million firearms, of which 65 million are handguns.

Killed by firearms each year 30,694. About half are suicides.

I'm not a big gun proponent, I just find this interesting.

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.