Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Another Person Below Me (Page 73)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Another Person Below Me
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
My current locale ... Huntington, LI, NY ...

APBM,

Do you think the new season of Heroes is going to be good?

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know; I've only ever watched bits and pieces of episodes.

APBM,

Is now a good time for someone who hasn't been following Heroes to start watching the series, or would such a person find the show hard to follow?

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I wouldn't know; I never warmed up to the series.

Alpha Pi Beta Mu,

Is it a good thing or a bad thing that "Heroes" and "Lost" are now attracting huge audiences doing the kinds of stories Marvel and DC have been doing for 40 years?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

I'm not sure. It would be good if the success of those shows is causing more people to read comics, but I'm not sure that's happening. (As an aside, I find it extremely odd that so many people think of comics as something far outside of the mainstream -- and thus inappropriate for the general public -- yet enjoy other forms of media that are influenced by or directly based on comics. For example, I don't have any non-MB friends that read comics or have ever had any interest in doing so, yet I have plenty of friends that enjoy the Batman, Iron Man, and X-Men movies.)

APBM,

Do many of your non-message board friends read comics?

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Not many, but at least one. I worked with a fellow fairly closely for four years, and the topic never came up. One day, I'm at my local comic shop and who do I see? Kinda cool.

APBM,

What is your greatest regret?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
not being more focused and motivated, especially in my youth.

Aurora (Polar) Borealis Monitor,

If you had to choose one, which LWer would want for companionship if you two were stranded somewhere together?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
The one that could build a computer with internet assess out of coconuts. Then I wouldn't have to choose.

Abigail Penelope Brenda Margarite,

What is your favorite girl's name?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Anneliese... ah, first loves (nobody tell Mrs. Nihil!)

Arthur Percival Bors Mordred,

If you could be a fictional character from any medium, who would you choose?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Sherlock Homles. I loved his intellect and powers of observation

Arthur, Bernard, Peter, Michael,

What is your favorite boy's name?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Aaron--the two A's ensure that he'll always be first.

Aarok, Braal, Phlon, Mardru,

If you could visit any planet in the solar system (other than earth), which would it be and why?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Mars, I suppose, to stake out my claim. Oh, sure, laugh now, but when the Terra-forming starts, none of you kids are allowed in my yard. [Wink]

A Par-Boiled Mango,

World Peace or True Love: You are granted one, which do you choose?

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

World Peace. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one.

Aster Petunia Begonia Marigold,

Who should star as you in the movie of your life?

--------------------

Stu
Time Trapper

Me! I think it would be fun to be in a movie, and I honestly can't think of any current actor who could do the role justice (or who even looks much like me). [Wink]

APBM,

Same question!

Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
The only actor I'd really trust in the role of me is Cate Blanchett (though I'd consider Tobey Maguire - but only if he was coached by Cate Blanchett). I would also like to state emphatically that I would never approve of David Hyde Peirce in the role of myself as I never knew any David Hydes I got along with.

APBM

When was the last time you danced?

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
About 20 years ago. My mother kept saying I'd regret it if I didn't learn to dance - and she was right. Eventually.

Always Popular Being Merry,

Did your parents make you do something you hated but are glad to have learned today?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.