Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Today I (verb)...round two (Page 72)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Today I (verb)...round two
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
...got the scare of my life as I approached home after work. Blue lights flashing everywhere, fire trucks, ambulances...all seemingly centered around my house! The road was blocked off, so I parked on the curb and frantically walked to my house, fearing the worst.

Turns out there was a fairly big car accident a couple doors down. It appears no one was seriously hurt.

But, my God! For a long, painful moment, I was afraid I'd lost my house or worse, my family! Thank God everyone was okay!

[gasp]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Bought toys with my birthday money! New (electric) lawnmower, that Shark steam cleaning set and a blender!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Mowed the lawn, cleaned the kitchen, made smoothies and milkshakes!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Taylor:
But, my God! For a long, painful moment, I was afraid I'd lost my house or worse, my family! Thank God everyone was okay!

[Eek!] That must have been an awful panicked feeling!

...start pickling (zucchini, not myself).

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
...am finally caught up on work after taking a week vacation two weeks ago. That only took *forever*.

quote:
...got the scare of my life as I approached home after work. Blue lights flashing everywhere, fire trucks, ambulances...all seemingly centered around my house! The road was blocked off, so I parked on the curb and frantically walked to my house, fearing the worst.

Turns out there was a fairly big car accident a couple doors down. It appears no one was seriously hurt.

[gasp]

That that is scary. Glad everyone was okay!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
^They really overdid it from what I could see as far as the sheer number of emergency personnel that were dispatched: at least six or seven cop cars (county and city!), 2 ambulances, 2 firetrucks and a truck with a huge lighting thingy on it!

Like I said, the two vehicles involved were really messed up, but all I saw of the people involved were a handful of teenagers or college-age types huddled nearby smiling and gabbing away. The ambulances were dark inside and in no hurry to leave, so I don't think anyone was being seriously treated. Oddly enough, the tow trucks hadn't arrived yet. Best guess, since it was away from where two streets intersect (a more logical place for this to happen) was that one car hit another as it pulled out of a driveway. [shrug]

Once I got clearance to park in my driveway, I stayed inside and didn't gawk anymore or even look out the windows. The only evidence left today is some grit/sand or whatever which had been poured over where various car fluids had leaked out.

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Once I got clearance to park in my driveway, I stayed inside and didn't gawk anymore or even look out the windows. The only evidence left today is some grit/sand or whatever which had been poured over where various car fluids had leaked out.

A similar incident when I was 6yo has left me with a scar on my chin, because we did stand outside and gawk. After it was all over, walking back into my house, I tripped and fell, splitting my chin.

Today, I reminisced

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
...speculated on the cool fictional stories CJ could come up with for the scar on his chin. 'Naval accident' was paramount among them.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
...hired an assistant.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

...wondered why the "lame" thread was closed. Was it because it exceeded the maximum lameness allowance?

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

...noticed Cobalt just hit 26,000 posts! (though he probably didn't notice! [shrug] )

--------------------

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
...was pleased to see that Bicycle Repair Man is around!

(Still wondering when we'll see matlock and AFOB again, though.)

[ July 30, 2010, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
...found out I will not be able to get US student loans any longer at my university. It's going to be a difficult year. [Frown]
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
...walked to a pretty good Thai resturant in Royal Oak today at lunch.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
...am a bit cold for the first time in weeks.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.