Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Another Person Below Me (Page 71)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Another Person Below Me
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Sure -- I just wouldn't go that far out. I'd probably go no deeper than waist level, and I'd come in at the first sign of trouble.

APBM,

Have you ever gone swimming in the ocean where there was known to be any kind of shark?

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, I've seen sharks several times while diving, one saw a feeding frenzy, and once touched a sleeping shark under a ledge in Tahiti.

After Primping, Be Manly,

What's the most life threatening thing you've ever done?

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
I walked through Harlem by myself ...

Avocadoes, Pickles, Beets, Mustard

Would you be more frightened of swimming with sharks or sting rays?

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

I used to think sharks, but after what happened to Steve Irwin, I don't know... I think I'd still say sharks, as stingray injuries are far less likely to be fatal, unless it's a complete freak accident.

APBM,

Excluding things that relate to a family member, friend, or romantic partner, what is your most cherished possession, and why?

Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Duh? Garbo, Duncan, Skye and Niki - or if they're considered "family", then my "Cub of the Year" plaque.

Auntie Prissy, Be Mine!

What was your first car, and how did it end between the two of you?

Stu
Time Trapper

I'm not sure where my first "hand-me-down" car is... I think I sold it to someone. The first car I ever bought with my own money is still the car I drive now! (I don't think you've ever seen it, but a couple of LWers have.)

APBM,

What kind of car do you think you'll buy next?

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
As it stands now, I doubt I'll be getting a car any time soon. I think it has been about 10 years of being without a car.

Admiral Preston Belligerent Male,

You have been give the opportunity to live and work in the city of your choice for the next year. What city would you choose and why?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Wow, that's tough. I'd like to say somewhere like Dubai or Sydney or Shanghai, but I think I'd feel a little too isolated if I had to stay there for a whole year.

I'm going to narrow it down to three U.S. cities that I think would be fun: Seattle, Austin, and Portland, Oregon. If forced to decide among the three, I'd have to do a bit more research, and/or flip a coin a couple of times.

APBM,

Same question!

Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

For me it would be Toronto, to see if I really do miss it after 26 years, like I keep telling myself, and to see if I really want to move back when I retire.

Astro Physics Beats Macrame,

Where do you think you want to retire to?

Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
The Virginia Appalachians.

APBM:

How far do you live from the home you grew up in?

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Acording to Mapquest about 30 miles.

APBM,

They are redoing your state quarter and asked you what should be on the back. What would you put on the back of your state's quarter?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lad Boy:
The Virginia Appalachians.

APBM:

How far do you live from the home you grew up in?

quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
Just a few blocks from where I lived between the ages of 13 and 23 (same neighborhood).

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
They are redoing your state quarter and asked you what should be on the back. What would you put on the back of your state's quarter?

Flip-flops!

Ass Poop Butt Maird,

Same question.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Which question?

According to Google Maps, I currently live 1852 miles from the home where I lived from birth to age 12 and 987 miles from the home where I lived from age 12 till college (and where my parents still live).

As for the quarter, to the map of Texas and Lone Star depicted on the Texas state quarter, I would have added a blue bonnet and a mockingbird, and, possibly a pecan tree, three of our state emblems.

Avignon Papacy Brought Mayhem,

What do you think is your best physical feature?

[ September 07, 2008, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: Rockhopper Lad ]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Hm...well *usually* I have great hair (not always!) and *usually* I have very defined arms and shoulders.

Now that damn stomach...

APBM,

What is something about your physical appearance you really like even though the general consensus among the rest of Western Civilization would tell you is not the best thing in the world?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
My feet. Sexy hot feet, just in case you're into that.

aPbM,

What are your thoughts on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac... federal conservatorship is a salvation of the slumping economy? the harbinger of end times? the pet names the Cobalts use for each other in the heat of passion? or something else?

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.