Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » SHAKES 4 - Now Open (Page 70)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 123 pages: 1  2  3  ...  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  ...  121  122  123   
Author Topic: SHAKES 4 - Now Open
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
There's something else, Des...

<shows Cobalt and Rocky his latest clue on the Lard Lad Robot's disappearance>

I'm convince my robot's disappearance is tied into all this! Des, I don't have "spiritual awareness" and all that crap, but my instincts tell me we need to find that robot!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<Cobalt nods and begins to respond when Lardy interrupts...>

Hold it--

<Lardy listens to a message conveying info from his Lard Lad Robot thread...>

Des, is there any way at all to get into Slim's without being trapped..or at least take a peek into it? I've gotta find out if my robot's there!

[ August 23, 2007, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: Lard Lad ]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Cobalt, We have to talk.

Look I know what you're up to, Des, BUT IT WON"T WORK!

We've been thru this a dozen times! Leave Slim to ME! Pagan and Stoopid Cat are fine! Nothing can HURT them where they are...

I'll find a way to get them out of there without risking HER!

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Abin, I've tried to tell you...

<looks at others, realizing its unfortunate that they're listening>

...its just as dangerous for you to enter Slim's Bar as it is for me, and was for Pagan and Stoopid Cat! You know you have almost no shot. There's only one person I think can do it, and although I know you'd do anything not to bring the risk to her, you've got to learn to trust her instincts.

I obviously don't have the same type of concern you would. But she's an LMBer now. I trust her implicitly.

And Slim blames me for all of this. So I've got to go with her.

<turns to Rocky and Lardy>

You see gentleman, let Concord think whatever he wants. I've always had a plan to get back Stoopid Cat.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
As for your robot, Lardy, I remember trying to explain why people called me "Rocky", but he didn't seem to get it. I haven't seem him since then.

Maybe Hyvvie can help find one of these missing folks. His Nose of Wonder can sniff out something half a planet away.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
Des, is there any way at all to get into Slim's without being trapped..or at least take a peek into it? I've gotta find out if my robot's there!

You could just click on the thread like the rest of us.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<slams his fist on the table>

Zip it, Miner!

<turns to Rockhopper Lad>

Rocky, I thought of that. I brought some of the robot's synthetic hair just for that. Here.

<hands Rocky a plastic container with some brown hairs in it>

I hope Hyvvie can do something with that...

<turns to Cobalt>

Look...Des...walk over here with me a sec, okay?

<Cobalt and Lardy move over to an empty booth.>

Des, there's something I haven't told you. The robot...it's not just an ordinary robot. It's...

<whispers something into Cobalt's ear>

<Cobalt's eyes widen and he gasps. The two whisper a little more, and then hastily return to the others.>

Cobalt: Gang, we've gotta find that robot!!!!

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Lardy, I noticed a distress call to Eryk on the Mission Monitor Board today. Have no worries, I'm in constant contact with him. He's currently traveling, but I'm sure he'll pop in when he can. He's a busy man.

(Re: he's popping in only a little right now, busy in real life)

But Eryk is my partner, first in the Triumvirate and now in the Space Knights...and well...on a few other things I'd rather not discuss.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Lardy, I'll see what Hyvvie can do.

{Rockhopper Lad takes the container, opens it, and places it before Hyvvie's nose. The Wonder Beagle sniffs at it. He sniffs three or four times.}

Hyvvie: This way!

RhL: I think he's got it. Let's go find the robot!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<sighs>

Yeah, I miss Eryk. Can't help but feel I've disappointed him somehow...or maybe, maybe there's something he's learned about us that he's keeping from me.

But I guess that's for another time.

<looks around>

I guess Rocky has taken Hyvvie out to look for my robot. Hope they find it...

<sips his club soda>

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Hmm? Oh! I'm getting a signal from Rocky--he's found something!

I'll be right back, Des...

pop

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<returns>

Cobalt: Lardy! What'd Rocky...

<sees head>

Cobalt: Oh, geez...

Des, I'm taking this back to the lab at the Security Office, and I'm sending a CSI team back to the site. It was found at the Lair, the original one, not the bar I owned that was destroyed.

Cobalt: Do you think...

<whispers about the subject he and Lardy had discussed regarding the robot>

I don't know, Des...I don't know...

<and Lardy disappears with a pop of Lard Force>

[ August 24, 2007, 12:57 AM: Message edited by: Lard Lad ]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<turns to Rocky, now that Lardy has gone>

Rocky, what I'm about to say is for our ears only. I've known Lardy a long time, and I trust him implicitly. Like all of us, he's made a few mistakes, but like most of us try to do, he's usually made up for them.

But you'll notice how quick he is to anger sometimes, more so now than ever, though he quickly seems able to regain his composure.

So...I'm a bit worried. If you're with him when I'm not around, be careful. Not for your sake, but for his--anger on that level can get you to make mistakes, which as you know we can't afford.

<looks at Time Teller Lad>

Hm, you might be very useful my friend. In regards to detective work, I mean. I'm glad you're with us...I may end up having a job that you can help me with...

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

{Cobie leaves for the Security Office}

TTL: So now what, Rocky?

RhL: Now, Tim, we wait. We wait to hear from Cobie or Lardy. We'll just hold down the fort here at SHAKES. There are a lot worse places. (Rockhopper Lad scratches Hyvvie behind the ear) And Hyvvie was a good boy finding the robot.

{The Wonder Beagle offers his tummy to be rubbed)

RhL: Tim, could you order me a Dalwhinnie, neat, please. (Begins rubbing Hyvvie's tummy) Who's my good boy?

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

---omnicom beep----

Rocky, any word on Hrun? I was hoping he'd start to come out of it, but I admit that its unlikely.

Still no word on our officers in the field. Evidently, Roy has Vee somewhere almost impossible to detect.

Also, please inform if you see Everyday Girl. She hasnt checked in for days. And I desperately need to find her.

Cobie out.

This topic comprises 123 pages: 1  2  3  ...  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  ...  121  122  123   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.