Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kill This Thread VI: The 24-Hour Version, Part II (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Kill This Thread VI: The 24-Hour Version, Part II
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Would quoting a Bugs Bunny cartoon in bed be a bad time?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
The best way to get your loved one in the mood is to crank up Richard Wagner in the car on the drive home and serenade them with several choruses of "Kill The Wabbit," et al.

Click Here For A SpoilerTake note: This works especially well if you met your current loved one on a WB Animation Discussion Board in the first place.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
A few years ago, I reviewed Art Davis' only Bugs Bunny cartoon, 1949's "Bowery Bugs", on IMdB. If you're curious to read it, my IMdB ID was phoenix2rachelsummers.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I've done several reviews for IMDb, mostly for offbeat TV shows. My review for the TV series BeastMaster is probably my favorite, but only four out of nine people found it useful. [Frown]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I know the feeling, Rocky. I was very disappointed at the indifferent reception to my reviews of Dario Argento movies. [Frown]

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
On the other hand, all 19 people who rated my review for the late '80s/early '90s Superboy series found it useful. I now own season one on DVD and still think John Haymes Newton is the sexiest actor ever to play the role.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
You should review the '90s Batman animated series. I also like X-Men Evolution to this day because I think the writing was excellent.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

I'm sure I saw an episode or two of that, but I really don't care for Batman, so I really couldn't do a good review of it. [shrug]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I only have had one experience on imdb and it was for reviewing the movie Memento. I speculated on what the ending really meant and you think I was proclaiming sections of Mein Kampf by the reception. Apparently there was a 'big dog' there posting with his own views of the movie who basically got everyone to go along with them, and anyone with opposing views had to be put in place.

Yeesh. Being a mature adult, I watched and waited and eventually had my ruthless, merciless revenge. The DVD has an interview with director Chris Nolan that basically negated that posters theory (which was pretty kooky iirc). I was more than happy to point this out two years later though I did hold back the insults I had prepared.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

I had some bad experiences there. Three years before the Transformers movie came out, I innocently suggested that they should involve a couple writers of the original TV show. One jerk replied that "washed-up TV writers" had no place on the Transformers movie, and that "we should settle for what we're given."

Obviously, millions of people agreed with this idiot, because the movies have been very lucrative even though they're absolut crap.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
A transformer is an electrical device that transfers electrical energy from one circuit to another through inductively coupled conductors. A varying current in the first wingding produces a varying magnetic flux in the core, thus producing a magnetic field in the second wingding. Transformers range in size from a thumb nail size conductor inside a microphone to units weighing hundreds of tons that connect power grids. Transformers are found in nearly all electronic devices that use household voltage.

Both Michael Faraday and Joseph Henry independently discovered the phenonmenon of electromagnetic induction in 1831. The induction coil of a transformer was invented by Rev. Nicholas Callan of Maynooh College, Ireland in 1836.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Transformer is a 1972 album by Lou Reed, produced by David Bowie & Mick Ronson. Reed was directionless after leaving the Velvet Underground, and Bowie, a massive VU fan, was only too happy to help his hero Reed climb aboard the glam-rock bandwagon.

"Walk on the Wild Side" became an unlikely AM radio hit, but I prefer "Vicious", "Satellite of Love" and "Perfect Day" (when the last was covered by Duran Duran in 1995, Reed horrified hipsters everywhere by admitting that he liked DD's version.)

--------------------

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I tool around IMBD sometimes, but don't really know enough about movies to say anything.

As for Amazon, they pissed me off several years back, when they mysteriously "lost" the reviews I posted for awesome local groups that weren't fortunate enough to be on major labels.

I stick to LJ and CD Baby now, when it comes to posting reviews. Or I will in the magic, far-flung future where I can afford to buy some damn music. :/

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

As I said, I've only posted a handful of reviews to IMDb. I've never written one for Amazon, but, of course Amazon owns IMDb. [Smile]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The only place online I give reviews of any genre any credence is Legion World. [Yes]

(That's really true.)

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  14  15  16   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.