Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The All-Rockhopper Lad Appreciation thread (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: The All-Rockhopper Lad Appreciation thread
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
I've already forgotten what it was before, but I appreciate Rockhopper Lad.

The original title was added to the first post.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Coffee is the greatest thing in the world...next to Rocky of course.

I probably could give up drinking, smoking cigars and staying out late (and probably will at least slow down) but I'll never stop drinking tons of coffee.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm with Lardy in wishing coffee tasted as good as it smells.

On the other hand, I've gone to IKEA just to have a cup of coffee. They serve really good coffee.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I was feeling kind of lousy earlier today, so I went to a Starbucks, drank a Mocha, and perked right up.

Caffeine: the wonder drug of the west!

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
What if coffee was as great a beverage as Rocky is a person?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
We'll design a coffee drink called The Rockhopper, so we can appreciate both at the same time. I don't like iced coffee or dairy milk, so I'll go with hot black coffee in a glass, like Russians have their tea, with swirls of white rice milk. Don't know how you'd get rice milk to just swirl and not mix in, but this is all cyber anyways.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Charlemagne
Frisky Perchlorate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Charlemagne   Email Kid Charlemagne         Edit/Delete Post     
Rockhopper Lad's avatar is almost as cute as Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh.

I also wish coffee tasted as good as it smells. I enjoy the smell of brewing coffee, but I never acquired the taste for it. [Razz]

--------------------
If your klordny lasts longer than 4 hours, seek medical attention.

From: Arkansas Province, Baaldur | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
When I was in college I wrote a poem about coffee:

A sea which is murky and dark,
Contained in a blue china cup,
Doth rise in steam t'ward the stars
Before the bottom's turned up.

Its waters are hot, so to burn the mouth,
Yet many endure that sharp pain,
For they need to be working by the ninth hour,
Lest the task-master start to complain.

Its waters are bitter, so to make one cringe,
Yet many ignore what they've tasted,
For they need to be studying all the night long
To make up for time that they've wasted.

Our people ignorantly imbibe
Of the waters of the dark sea.
Yea, I, even I, confess I enjoy
A drink from the murky sea.

That sounded so much better when I was 20. [Big Grin]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe it could be a Starbucks ad jingle, Rocky. Now back to my cup of dark and murky sea.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

LW demands more of Rocky's post-modern Dylan-esque poetry about things like coffee and libraries!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

It can be sung to the tune "Carol" ("It Came Upon a Midnight Clear"). We choir nerds do weird things when we're bored. [Big Grin]

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:

That sounded so much better when I was 20. [Big Grin]

I thought it sounded pretty good now. [Smile]

Try reading it aloud in a deliberate, measured tone.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
Try reading it aloud in a deliberate, measured tone.

A cup at a time? [Razz]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

This is as good a place as any to post this.

As I'm sure many of you know, Hurricane Ike is aiming towards the Texas Gulf Coast. I'm far enough inland that they recommend that I don't evacuate and, at the moment, I don't plan to bug out. If I lose power and/or Internet, I'll check in with another Legion Worlder by phone periodically, as possible.

If Internet and electricity hold, you'll just see a lot more of me this weekend, because, well, I won't be going anywhere. [Big Grin]

I hope that in a few days, we'll all be saying "We dodged a bullet this time."

Thanks!
[Hug] [Hug] [Hug]
John/Rocky

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

You'll be in my thoughts, Rocky! Hopefully you'll 'dodge a bullet' like you say.

And if the power goes out: candelight & comics!

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.