Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Legion of Former Deputies (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Legion of Former Deputies
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That's such a beautiful and sensible notion, I can't come up with a witty reply.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Does anyone besides me still eat homemade granola? I could totally make this a linchpin of my life after politics: Free homemade granola for all! Commercial cereal is all hideously overpriced, and it mostly uses up more calories during the consumption process than you get back once digestion commences.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Cleome, could you please post a recipe for granola here? Thanks in advance.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Get rid of you know who...and all the recordings of 'that' song. "Doooooooooooonn't Yooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!"

Would that be a good start towards making the world a better face.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

I would, Dev, but He Who likes her. Sorry.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay...just tryin to help the world is all.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Well, we could annihilate the guy from Nickelback. Or am I thinking of the guy from Soundgarden? No, it must be the guy from Creed...

Ahh, kill 'em all!!

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

And kill James and Lars from Metallica, too, even though they popularized the phrase "Kill 'em all."

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Disclaimer: I'm not actually calling for anyone's death, I'm just venting.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Phil Collins, please add him to the list.
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I love Phil Collins.

Really, I do.

Guilty as charged.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

I liked him for a while, then he just seemed to get to arrogant for his own good. [shrug]
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
*Maple-Walnut Granola*

Click Here For A SpoilerIngredients:
4 C Rolled Oats (regular, not "instant")
1 C Rice Bran (optional)
1/2 C Dried Currants
1/2 C Dried Cranberries
1 C Walnuts, chopped fine
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/4 C Canola (or other vegetable) Oil
1/2 C Maple Syrup

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 250 F.

2) In your biggest mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix them well.

3) Add the wet ingredients and mix again. Make sure everything's well combined.

4) Use a big wooden spoon or spatula to transfer everything into a big glass baking tray (I use the rectangular Pyrex) or a couple of large cookie trays. Spread the mixture as evenly as you can.

5)Bake about 1 1/2 hours, stirring the mixture thoroughly every fifteen minutes during baking to ensure even cooking. It takes some elbow grease but the results are worth it. When the mixture is golden brown, and a pinch of it no longer feels/tastes oily or sticky, it's done.

6) Remove the tray(s) from the oven and let the mixture cool. After that, store it airtight. Makes about 6-7 servings.

(Tips: You can experiment with other kinds of fruits and nuts. I've used apple-pineapple and cherry-apricot, for instance. But watch your mixture carefully. Sometimes the sweeter fruits seem to cook faster. I've eaten them when they've gotten Cajun-blackened from overcooking, because I'm too cheap to throw food away. But I wouldn't call it a pleasant dining experience. [No]

Some people prefer a full 3/4 C of maple syrup. I think that makes the granola way too sweet, but to each their own.)

[ April 30, 2012, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: cleome45 ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Ahhhhhh. Thank you so much, Cleome. I'll be spending my weekend trying out that recipe.

Dev, I agree he got full of himself, but even then, he still did the occassional song I liked: the Cyndi Lauper cover, the Tarzan theme song, the better moments of his Motown covers album...

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Phil Collins rocks! Loves me some Brand X!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.