Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Lardy's Lair (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Lardy's Lair
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<arrives, looks around>

Hmmm...interesting place I had. Doesn't bring back any memories, though.

<finds transponder>

When Gary visited me, he left a special encryption I could use if I ever needed to contact him...

<sends encrypted message>

Alright, Gary, I hope you'll get this and meet me here soon....

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, I'm here Lard Lad.

What's on your mind?

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Gary, thanks for responding to my message.

Look, I still don't remember anything, but I've been researching Cobalt Creep to try to understand why I have such an inate negative reaction to my supposed "best friend". Well, I found a lot, especially surrounding that 'Slim' guy who was out to get Cobalt. While I don't condone Slim's methods, I found it odd that no one ever even looked into Cobalt's culpability in that planet's destruction. It seems to me, that at the very least, he's indirectly responsible for what happened there, if not moreso. It seems that no one even has had the guts to even try!

It seems to me this needs looking into...and I had a feeling you might be willing to help somehow.

What do you think?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm... I have no idea what happened to Slim after the "Five Faces of Death" fiasco but it's a good bet that he hasn't given up on getting his revenge on Cobalt.

You do realize that if we do re-open this and start poking around, everybody, and I do mean Everybody will be against us, including people who would normally be on our side. Nobody is going to want us uncovering what happened on some inconsequential border world.

--------------------

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Yes, I realize this, Gary. But if I'm involved--Cobalt's best friend (albeit an amnesiac one) and a founding LMBer--it gives us some credibility that you would not have by yourself. And I wouldn't be surprised, based on my research, if more people than you'd think would help us out. Even if they're not anti-Cobalt, per se, there would be a few, I think, who would be interested in seeing justice served. Maybe even the LMB's current leadership?

The bottom line, Gary, is I know what we're up against--and I'm in!

Are you?

--------------------

Space Ranger
Private Dick

There are two conditions you'll have to meet if you want me in.

The fist is; No matter what we discover, I don't care if we find out that Cobalt personally ordered the rape and distruction of Slim's home planet, Cobalt does not get turned over to Slim. Any handing out of "Justice" will be done according to the laws of Legion World and the LMBP.

And the second is... Something Personal... Forget it, I'm in.

But I think we're going to meet far more resistance than you think.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Agreed, Gary. I'm not interested in that kind of justice. Though, if it comes to it, we may have to involve the U.P.--or some neutral body, perhaps, if there's no one willing to try him in an unbiased manner.

And whatever the condition you dropped was...I hope it doesn't interfere with what we're doing.

Like I said, I'm in it all the way. No matter what.

As for where to start, I was thinking...well, don't you think we have to find Slim to start this and get his testimony?

--------------------

Space Ranger
Private Dick

Finding Slim isn't all that difficult, I hear that "Club Cobalt in Chains" has been rebuilt and is still a popular nightclub in certain social circles. You won't exactly be welcome there and people who aren't welcome there have a habit of becoming dead if they show up there.

And even if we get in and get him to talk freely, I doubt his testimony will be accepted at face value. We'll need additional evidence.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Well, should he at least be the starting point? Or should we try to get a few others in with us before we start??

--------------------

Space Ranger
Private Dick

Both. Slim is the starting point but going into that lion's den without adequate backup would be suicidal.

You get us some back-up. I'll see what I can do about getting us in to see him.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Okay, I've got a few people in mind--some outsiders inside, I think. I'm at a bit of a handicap without my memory, but I think I can make do.

Do what you can--I'll do my part.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<a message appears in the Legion World Classifieds>

Are you dissatisfied with the status quo among the hierarchy of the LMB? Do you think someone who may be culpable for genocide should go free without even getting his day in court? Do you feel like an outsider? Are you Royally ticked off about it?

If so, come to the Lair and meet with like-minded individuals interested in justice--not business as usual!

--------------------

Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Mr Lard Lad, I wonder if you could spare me a few moments please. If you could contact the leadership secretariat to arrange an appointment that would be most appreciated.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Renly Fox           Edit/Delete Post     
I am here, Lard Lad. I was at first greatly pleased to hear about your return, though I can see by the look in your eyes that you truly do not recognize me. I can tell you the two of us never had much interaction, though I've become close with your friend Clive.

Your proposition perplexes me and causes me much anxiety. You say you do not remember your past life, and if that is the case, you assuredly will not remember that I too have my own past with Cobalt Kid. In truth, he was one of the handful of Legionnaires I once called my sworn enemies...and one of those I took many steps to destroy. Part of me, I believe, still harbors some ill will towards him, while another part...perhaps feels guilt. More guilt piled on top of an already extraordinary amount.

If I were to join you, I can say that it would not be out of the justice I now dedicate myself, but out of vengeance, which was what my old life was entirely dedicated to.

And that…that is not right. Because I believe you are leading yourself down the wrong path. No matter what ill feelings I have towards Cobalt Kid, I know in my heart he was never a murderer.

I took a pledge to change my ways and pursue justice.

<smiles, thinking of Rockhopper Lad and Hrun the Barbarian>

And that is what I must do now. I cannot join you, because that would be wrong, and I will not let myself succumb to feelings of vengeance any longer.

Good luck, Lard Lad. I hope you can look deep into your soul and be sure you know what you are doing.

From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Sir Roy...you are correct in that I don't remember our past affiliation, nor any of my life before a few weeks ago, truthfully. I have absolutely no memory whatsoever...and yet the only reflexive thought I had was that there was something wrong about the man who everyone told me was my best friend--an absolute certainty, actually.

I had weeks to research him while in hospital, and what I found was horrifying! Genocide on a planetary scale perpetrated by one of his own Captains! Cobalt claims no knowledge of what happened, but isn't any commander of a great army ultimately responsible for their actions...particularly one so heinous?

That one instinct I have left from my old life tells me that there needs to be an accounting for the travesty that happened. From what I can tell, Cobalt Kid received not so much as a slap on the wrist for what happened, much less a trial!

I'm not interested in vengeance, good Sir...I just want to see him held accountable by a legal body. That's all!

But I don't believe that can happen thru the current hierarchy of Legion World and the LMB. It is up to myself and a few brave souls to investigate the matter and present it to whatever just authority will listen. We OWE it to those millions and millions of souls who died!

Show the galaxy how much you've changed your ways, Roy...and if at any time you find me to be anything less than honest, you may take my head with your axe!

So...what say you, now?

--------------------

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.