Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Share something else completely random!!! (Page 68)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 104 pages: 1  2  3  ...  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  ...  102  103  104   
Author Topic: Share something else completely random!!!
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Either one works -- pureed fresh is the best!

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[Cool]

Will have to try that next time. Pineapple + pink grapefruit + vodka = big hit around here in the summertime already.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
It's raining in southern Arizona. The first time in months. It's a downpour. The monsoon season is here!!!

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
If Steve Gerber hadn't been treated so badly by Marvel Comics in the 70s, then TV cartoons in the 80s would have been a lot less fun.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
The new employee at my local CBS gave the contents of my box to someone else. So, since they're sold out I know have to wait to read Adventure Comics #528.

That customer who accepted my books has excellent taste! [Big Grin]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Chocolate is spelled the same in both English and Spanish, but pronounced differently in each language.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder if there is a collecting gene because of all the Pokemon I have been playing.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing is the version of Gundam best known to Western viewers.

"Just wild beat...communication..."

--------------------

cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I ran out to pick up some groceries at nine last night. As the checker was ringing us up, there was a cop and a security guard leading what appeared to be an eight-year-old kid out of the store... in handcuffs. The kid was understandably in tears.

Seriously, what the--? What kind of threat could an eight-year-old possibly pose that would merit handcuffs?!

[Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Just a guess, but he was probably shoplifting. The handcuffs might have been intended to scare or shame him.

Whether or not that's an effective strategy for dealing with a young shoplifter I can't say. [shrug]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Oh, yes. Likely it was for attempting to steal something, (Though it couldn't have been anything super-valuable, such as a camera-phone. The store keeps all that stuff locked up.) Or vandalism, or picking a fight with someone, maybe.

But handcuffs on a little kid seems... really excessive.

[No]

[ July 12, 2011, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: cleome45 ]

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I found these posters up across the street today, I'm not sure if they're street art or adevertisement ... the wall is used for advertisements but, i did not see the guy who usually does the work rolling these ones up. If they are advertisements, are they some guerilla marketing for Babs return as Batgirl ??

I thought they were cool, whatever their purpose.

-

-

-

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Many hours later, I wonder if these are advertisements for the Dark Knight Rises Batman movie ? and If Bat Girl will be in it. And that the return of Barbara Gordon as Bat Girl in the comics is more advertising for the movie.

However, It dosn't look like anyone's been cast as Babs from the IMDB cast list. (but IMDB is often out of date) Or these posters could be of Cat Woman? (looks like Bat Girl to me though)

-------------------------------------

Anne Hathoway has been cast as Selina Kyle / Catwoman in the Dark Knight Rises.

[Shudder]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That Batgirl picture reminds me of a nightmare I had when I was very little where a woman wearing a similar cowl (or maybe a helmet) appeared and shouted "These are murders!" At the time (I must have been about three--it's one of the first dreams I remember), I had no idea what "murder" meant, but I knew it was bad.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
You can have interesting conversations in art galleries when no one is there but you and the owner/attendant.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 104 pages: 1  2  3  ...  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  ...  102  103  104   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.