Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Another Person Below Me (Page 68)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Another Person Below Me
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
If not love, something pretty close. But this wasn't a coworker at what I'd call a 'real job', but rather a job I was doing while still in college/early Grad School on the side. I was a bouncer at a bar part-time on weekends and she was a bartender/waitress. It was a fling and it was great. Definitely more than just a quick thing. But certainly not love. We admitted to each other we had feelings but the timing was such that both of us had some pretty complicted relationship issues at the time (re: in the middle of some messy stuff), so it didn't work out. For the best, as years later, we're still friends.

APBM,

Have you ever had a fling with a co-worker (re: not as extreme as love)?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
No co-worker flings (too complicated) but one guy who seemed interested invited me to supper - to meet his wife.

A Pretty Bad Memory,

Did you ever get bounced from a bar?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
No, although I might have come pretty close at the piano bar in San Diego, when I was going on about having Superboy-Prime punch off a certain somebody's head.

APBM,

Have you ever finished a meal at a restaurant, and then realized you didn't have your wallet/purse/any money at all on you?

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

No, thankfully, but I did have the embarrassment to have a credit card declined a few years ago because it was maxxed out from business expenses. Luckily I was with friends and had another credit card with me. Still, pretty embarrassing!

APBM,

Have you ever finished a meal at a restaurant and been so dissapointed by the service and the food that you considered not paying?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
No, but I have been so dissatisfied with the service I have not left a tip. Oh and one time, no one came after we were seated that we left before ordering. And wonderful American Express moment there Cobie.

APBM,

Which is you favorite season and why?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Autumn - its always been my favorite, and a lot of it reminds me of going back to school (I loved High School, especially my junior and senior year) and going back to college (I also loved college). There's a sense of 'newness' going on, of things changing, of things are about to get really fun but who knows how it will happen. I also love the Autumn in New England, where the change in seasons is ever apparent, and I like the shift to Fall sports, such as college football and even the NFL in recent years because I enjoy the Sunday craziness and going out to the bar for Monday Night football. And I also love the oncoming onslaught of holidays/events, especially Halloween and Thanksgiving. And there's a ton of other reasons too. I like the increasingly brisk nature of the season, which makes me sleep better than any other season (where its still not too cold like winter).

APBM,

Same question, if you don't mind...

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Autumn also, because the weather is perfect, not too hot, not too cold, no icy roads and I don't mind rain. The bugs are gone. The tourists are gone (they're not so bad, but they put a lot of pressure on inadequate infrastructure). The garden is finished, except for clean-up, and there's lots of hope that things will be better next year. We get the wood stove going, which I love. And, yes, excellent sleeping weather.

APBM,

Are you worried about the CERN Accelerator creating a black hole that will destroy the Earth on September 10th?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
No. I am more worried about the Sun going nova in 5 billion years and obliterating the Earth.

APBM,

Do you think there is intelligent life on other planets?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
If there's none here, why anywhere else? [Razz]

Aye Pie Basting Man,

What do you think was STU was doing during his long time away?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I have no doubt it was spent discovering the secrets of the universe, drinking mind-eraser shots and hoping to find out where Judd has imprisoned Pam.

APBM,

Where do you think Loser Lad is these days?

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I suppose he's still in Buffalo working ungodly hours. [Frown]

Another Po' Boy's Muthah,

Why haven't we heard from EDE in so long?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Not sure exactly but I suspect it has to do with grad school / teaching courses and beginning of a semester / publishing his thesis? Its hard to comprehend what keeps the brillant, hat-wearing one busy, so we can only [choke] to his return.

APBM,

Now what about Frio?

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Frio is the alt character of our beloved Caliente. She has cold based powers. That's about all I know about Frio.

APBM,

What was your first favorite TV show when you were a little kid?

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I think it was the old Adam West Batman show. I still love it!

Are People Better than Martians?

Do/did you like that old Batman show?

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Not really, but I don't mind it. It was definitely way before my time, but I remember thinking it was so cool that Batman was on TV whenever I saw reruns.

APBM,

Did you absolutely love the Batman: The Animated Series cartoon, and if not, why the heck not?

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.