Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 65)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Lizrdprnce! Welcome.

Another attorney. We're an accountant and a madam away from taking over Wall St.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome to Legion World.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lizrdprnce
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lizrdprnce   Email lizrdprnce         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the welcome, Quislet, Esq. I hope the legal business is treating you better in Boston than it's treating me in AL. And thanks for all the other warm welcomes, as well. I hope to be very active on this board once I get acclimated, but we'll have to see with my workload.

[ April 18, 2007, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: lizrdprnce ]

From: Birmingham AL | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome, Lizrdprnce. From your profile I see we share a birthday. Always room for another August 29th person!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome aboard Lizrdprnce!!!
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Howdy lizrdprnce! Welcome to LegionWorld. You'll find lots of fun, friendly people around here so have a great time.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Always great to have another college sports fan on the board... it's always fun once college football season kicks off!!!

I hope to make it over to Tuscaloosa for a game or two myself (fingers crossed)...

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Cool Kippers!

I might actually be able to see the Ole Miss/Miss State game next year, which would be great. Because (A) I love college football and its rivalries, (B) Mississippi has my favorite US accents and I've never been there and (C) the girls at Ole Miss are drop-dead GORGEOUS! [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
The egg bowl? Really??? You should make a detour and stop by, I'm only 3 hours away!

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lizrdprnce
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lizrdprnce   Email lizrdprnce         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobalt, you got that right about the Ole Miss girls. A friend of mine graduated from law school there last year, and I loved visiting her just to see the girls. It was worth the four hour trip from Birmingham, AL!

--------------------
lizrdprnce@yahoo.com

"Wow! The defendant objecting to his own defense! I think we're setting some kind of legal precedent here, your honor!"
Tenzil Kem, LSH #11 (1989)

From: Birmingham AL | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkwithcrowds
Skinny wee Scottish guy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkwithcrowds   Email walkwithcrowds         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey lizrdprnce.

It's a pleasure.
Where does the screen name come from?
Your second name wouldn't happen to be Morrison by any chance?

Anyway, have fun and I hope to see you around a lot.

--------------------
Be lucky

From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Flying Fool
Eager Young Space Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Flying Fool   Email The Flying Fool         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Brent
Where I live: Person County, NC
What I do: Jack-of-all-trades Yet Sadly Master of None

Legion info: I've been reading comics since the late 70s yet wasn't really exposed to the Legion till the mid 80s. First ish was #300, wherein Brainy helped Ferro Lad's brother find his peace. I really liked the look and feel of the Levitz Legion yet at that time could only follow the title sporadically. It wasn't until the McGraw-Peyer Legion that I started following the team seriously and have done so ever since.

Fav character is obviously Mon-El. [Smile]

Right now I'm reading the Showcase Vol 1 of the LSH and am loving it. I may not be a full-fledged Legion comic geek yet but I am working on it. Otherwise I read mainly DC now because Marvel has made me mad. I grew up reading Marvel yet I hardly recognize any of my fav characters anymore. Plus, I have a real soft spot for Usagi Yojimbo, one of the true great comics being released today.

I don't watch reality TV shows, but will watch crime, sci-fi, and fantasy shows. (BSG is the best) I watch baseball and football religiously. Plus, I spend as much time as I can with my lovely wife and my son.

I'm just glad to have found this place. Looks cool.

--------------------
Space travel is engineering, time travel is magic.

From: The Bright, Sunny South | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome aboard Daxamite Kid!

First and foremost....Yay! Another fan of Lar!

Glad to hear you are enjoying Showcase and that you are well on yourr way to Legion geekdom but it isn't a prerequisite here on LW. All Legion fans of all Legion incarnations should feel at home here. The members here are funny friendly, very helpful and I believe we may well have the most complete knowledge base about Legion Lore collectively. So if you have any questions, just ask. I guarantee you'll get an answer to even the most obscure question in no time at all.

Glad you found your way here! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome to Legion World.

Is "Eager Young Space Cadet" a reference to Porky Pig's character in the original Duck Dodgers cartoon?

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Flying Fool
Eager Young Space Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Flying Fool   Email The Flying Fool         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Stealth:
Welcome to Legion World.

Is "Eager Young Space Cadet" a reference to Porky Pig's character in the original Duck Dodgers cartoon?

Most certainly is. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Space travel is engineering, time travel is magic.

From: The Bright, Sunny South | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.