Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kid Prime's room! (Page 64)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 86 pages: 1  2  3  ...  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  ...  84  85  86   
Author Topic: Kid Prime's room!
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
[Frown] I'm sorry to have broken the news to you, KP! I always seem to be the bearer of bad news.

I actually was a little off on my years. Chris Latta (Starscream/Wheeljack/Sparkplug) died a decade ago in June of a cerebral hemmorage, according to the International Movie Database.

This is probably one of the drawbacks of being such a fan of a show that was on 20 years ago. So many of the original series' voice actors have died already, some recently but several back around the time the show was still on the air! Scatman Crothers (Jazz), Don Messick (Ratchet/Gears), Ed Gilbert (Blitzwing/Thrust), Roger Carmel (Cyclonus), Robert Stack (Movie Ultra Magnus), and Tony Sampson (A-3) all come to mind as already having passed on.

I'll miss 'em all!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I knew about Scatman Crothers and Robert Stack, and I was even considering posting something about how much I'll miss Scatman as the voice of Jazz...

I guess I always thought it odd that Chris Latta never got to any cons, in the back of my head. I should have put two and two together. Well, here's to the guy behind Starscream and Cobra Commander, two of the most distinctive nellie uber-villains in cartoon history!

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beagz
5 of 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagz   Email Beagz         Edit/Delete Post     
Roger Carmel was the voice of Cyclonus???

Roger C. Carmel?
The same actor who played Harcourt Fenton Mudd????????

--------------------
You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.

From: Aggieland | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

One and the same, Beagz! According to the IMDb at any rate. He has quite the resume of acting and voice work.

KP, Jazz (and Scatman Crothers) is one of my favorites! Belated or not, it's never too late to give the man some props. [Smile]

Beagz
5 of 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagz   Email Beagz         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow .........

Roger Carmel was good!!
I never would have guessed he vioced Cyclotron!!!!

I suppose that just shows how talented the man really was.

--------------------
You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.

From: Aggieland | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hrun the Barbarian
Barbarian Warrior

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hrun the Barbarian   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
"Bah tis naught but a dog, a fine friend to man. Where is that Cat"

<Throws hunting knife at wall in temper. just narrowly missing the gold plated, limited edition Optimus Prime figure on the shelf>

--------------------
Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!

From: The Northern Wall | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Oh, you didn't miss. The force-field generator activated.

And just because I'm so happy about recent happenings in the Transformers universe...

"Hey, a MOVIE! I just can't believe we did it! Starring everybody... and Prime!"

--------------------

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm happy for you Jeffy. Especially since it'll be a live action one and not another cartoon. And with Spielberg attached there may be hope for it.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

One does have to wonder if they're going to throw a Spike, Sparkplug, Chip, and Carly into the movie...and what poor actors will get stuck playing those roles in front of green screens for most of the film shoot?
Kid Prime
Founder

5 gets you 10 Chip will be played by a black actor. Spike will be a Hayden Christiansen hottie type, and Carly will be a Hillary Duff (or in my dreams, Julia Stiles) type. And Sparkplug will be played by Richard Gere. [LOL]

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
And Sparkplug will be played by Richard Gere. [LOL]

I don't know much about the Transformers, except what I've learned from Jeffy but...

[ROTFLMAO]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Haha. Richard Gere would be hilarious!

In all honesty, I can see them casting either someone like Seth Green (hottie nerd) or perhaps the nerdy kid from The Core and The New Guy to play Chip Chase. Something in that range.

Spike and Carly scream to me to be cast as B-string TV actors/stars, though a surprise like Julia Stiles as Carly would be FAR preferable!

Watch, they go for the comic's humans instead, and we get Sparkplug, Buster, retconned brother Spike, loveable best friend "O", and girl-next door/girlfriend Jessie! Dear Lord, I hate those comic humans. Why do I still remember their names, ten years later? [Big Grin]

Future
The Present is Past

[Optimus Prime]

You know, we need a Megatron gramelin to rival ol' Optimus! Maybe have him transform into a gun and jump into Orion the Hunter's hands?

[Hunter]

Kid Prime
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Future:
Watch, they go for the comic's humans instead, and we get Sparkplug, Buster, retconned brother Spike, loveable best friend "O", and girl-next door/girlfriend Jessie! Dear Lord, I hate those comic humans. Why do I still remember their names, ten years later? [Big Grin]

You know, I just couldn't tell you. [LOL]

--------------------

Future
The Present is Past

[Big Grin]

By the way, KP, any chance of reviving ye olde Transformers Universe-type profiles you used to do? We're well overdue for an update and your insights!

This topic comprises 86 pages: 1  2  3  ...  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  ...  84  85  86   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.