Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Another Person Below Me (Page 60)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Another Person Below Me
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Horrible. It was on a vegtable farm. The job itself was ok, I like to grow things but the guy I worked for was a real idiot, and that made the job quite distasteful.

Always Pat Benetar Music:
What is your current job like?

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm the Customer Service Manager at a grocery store. It has its ups and downs. The very worst part is selling lottery tickets! Chronic habitual RUDE gamblers....ugh!

Also, Pablo Buys Pork,
What's your favorite cult TV series ever?

[ January 27, 2007, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: LARDLAD ]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Trailer Park Boys.....its like a documentery of my early life

APBM:
What's your favorite comic book series?

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
The Legion of SuperHeroes is the only comic I've ever read regularly.

Apologetic Platinum Blonde Manhandler:
What's one of your biggest pet peeves?

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
When I am walking on the sidewalk or on some stairs. For the other direction a couple walking side-by-side approaches. There is only room for two on the sidewalk/stairs. But the couple does not go to single file as we pass each other. Instead we all have to squeeze pass each other.

APBM,

Has a stranger ever surprized you in a pleasant way? Tell us about it.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
When I was in grad school, I'd ride my bike about 35 miles in the mountains every afternoon (hmmm, one wonders why I never got that dissertation finished). One day I had a crash that bent my front wheel beyond what I could repair on the road. I was about 15 miles from town and on a rural road with very few houses. I carried my bike on my back for about 5 miles or so, and then the rain started and the sky blackened and the lightning came and then hail. I think I saw a tornado with a little girl from Kansas in it. A guy in a pickup truck passed me, then stopped, backed up and asked me if I'd like a ride. He drove me to the bike shop in Blacksburg, waited while I took my bike in, and then drove me home.
The storm was still going on. I invited him in to my apartment for a beer. We talked for a while, the weather cleared and he left. I never saw him again.

APBM:
Have you ever come to someone's rescue?

[ February 06, 2007, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: Lad Boy ]

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Saw someone get assaulted once outside a club and chased the attacker off. I guess that counts.

APBM:
Comic shop, or mail order, and why?

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy

Comic Book Shop because it's where all the really cool kids hang out.

Which of the following have you bought:
a 45 rpm record, an LP, an 8-track tape, a cassette tape, a reel-to-reel tape, a music CD, a music download?

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
An LP, cassette tape, & a music CD.

I have had 45 rpm records but those were hand downs and not ones I bought myself. And my brother had an 8 track player.

APBM,

Do you prefer the cold of winter or the heat of summer? and why?

[ February 07, 2007, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Winters Cold. I've always loved cold weather. Also, winter's just a more civilized season. No cars blasting music that is only cool to the person blasting it. No people wearing skimpy clothing when they shouldn't be. No funky body odors being shared with everyone within a ten foot radius. And of course Christmas, the one time of year when Joy and Goodwill are all but mandated.

APBM,

Same question.

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy

Summer Heat. I grew up near the Gulf Coast, where 100 degrees Fahrenheit was a warm spring day.

I can ride my bike to work without the burden of 5 pounds of winter clothing and lighting. I like wearing skimpy clothing, whether I should be or not.

One man's funky body odor is another man's irresistible pheromone.

No Christmas -- any expressions of joy and goodwill are spontaneous and sincere.

Washington, DC doesn't winter particularly well.

NEXT:
Beatles: Musical Genius or Elevator Music Fodder ?

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Musical Genius co-opted as Elevator Music Fodder

APBM,

Has this thread run its course or is there life in it yet?

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
There's always life in it when you can pull Vee back into a thread!

APBM:

Favorite TV show from when you were a kid?

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Hogan's Heroes. Nazis are so funny - to a kid.

APBM,

What was the first occupation you want to be when you grew up and did you become it?

--------------------

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

I wanted to be a Firefighter....never became one though.

APBM

Are you reading 52?

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.