Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » What is Your Legion World Story? (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: What is Your Legion World Story?
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
[Tornado Twins]
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
In 1999, I found the rec.arts Legion board & the DC Legion board & started posting on both.
The other posters at rec.arts were mean, bitter, humorless & argumentative, so I stopped going there. The posters at the DC boards were less so(except for that evil sk8maven), so I stayed.
12 years later & a different board(our own board)-I'm still here!!

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
And the posters here are nice, sweet, funny and still argumentative, but polite at least? [Big Grin]

Sometimes it's hard to imagine how time could pass so quickly!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Moi? Argumentative?

[Poke Joke]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Only if you WANT to be argumentative [Big Grin]

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I should tell some religion forum stories soon. Now those are some exciting stories! I've had many really good, really bad, and really sad experiences with those sites. I almost became Moderator of one, but rejected it because I was already Moderating a comic book site.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Would love to hear some of your stories, Emily!

And the stories of everyone else!! Post, people, post!

--------------------

Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
*hic*
From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Anita Cocktail:
*hic*

This story parallels much of early LMB history!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I know that this is a very belated post, but I've gotten out of the habit of looking at the Mission Monitor Board for some reason. God knows why, since the people who post here are generally intelligent, warm, and very, very humourous.

Anyway, I came here after having one-too-many flames wars with a couple of people on the old DC board. I'd come to to realize that comics aren't worth getting hot and bothered about--they're supposed to be fun. So I made a public apology to those I'd been warring with (Sk8tmaven in particular), and foreswore returning online hostility with pointless counter-hostility ever again.

I then began lurking more and more at Legion World because a few posters had mentioned it on the DC board, and referred to the fact that LW encourages polite and respectful discourse. What made me finally become a member rather than a lurker was an e-mail or message from EDE (I can't remember on which board) that commiserated with me about the increasingly hostile dialoging on the DC board at the time, and urged me to give LW a try.

So I did and I've never looked back since. I may not post as often as I should or come to the Mission Monitor Board very much, but I do check Legion World almost every day (hah, maybe I'm still sort of a lurker after all in some ways!). And I really do value the kindness, humour, and strong sense of community that's displayed here. So thanks very much, everyone. [Smile]

By the way, I just noticed that I became a LW member way back in 2005. Now, I know that I'm not a prolific poster, but when will I finally become a full-fledged legionairre? Sheesh--it looks like I'm gonna be old and grey before that happens at this rate. Ha ha! [LOL]

[ February 14, 2012, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Mediocre Boy ]

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Mediocre Boy,

Once a lurker, always a lurker. [Wink]

To get the Legionnaire status you need 2958 posts. You do have a ways to go as you only have 477. Although if you go to your profile and click update, you will not have "Honorary" as a user title, but "Active". You can find the user titles and the number of posts to get in the faq under "What are user titles?"

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Quislet, Esq. [Smile]

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blaze
Firing Up Your Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blaze           Edit/Delete Post     
I came to know the wonderful world of LW through Invisible Brainiac. He told of good stories about this site (he's a persuasive speaker which makes me wonder why he's not in Sales or Marketing) and I was totally convinced to sign up. Special thanks to Nightcrawler for helping me create my account.

Neither a fan of Legion nor comics in general, I was intimidated to post on my first day and found the discussions too much to digest in 1 sitting. Heck, I didn't even know what Legion was until IB told me about it. He was kind enough to walk me through the boards and recommended the Legion Outpost for starters.

I immediately felt at home here and started posting on my second day. I found the posts witty, funny, and lively. Members respected each other's view and gave equal value to all posts, regardless of membership status.

I hope to make friends here too, as I know that this is a community brimming with humorous, intelligent, warm, and young (and young at heart) people with interesting personalities.

Soon, I hope to start reading the Legion so I can relate and contribute to the topics here.

I wouldn't be here if not for Invisible Brainiac, of course. So thanks baby!

From: in your dreams | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

quote:
Originally posted by Mediocre Boy:
I know that this is a very belated post, but I've gotten out of the habit of looking at the Mission Monitor Board for some reason. God knows why, since the people who post here are generally intelligent, warm, and very, very humourous.

Glad you decided to jump in (and not just cause it's a thread I started [Razz] )! Keep it up Medicore Boy [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by Blaze:
He told of good stories about this site (he's a persuasive speaker which makes me wonder why he's not in Sales or Marketing) and I was totally convinced to sign up. Special thanks to Nightcrawler for helping me create my account.

I wouldn't be here if not for Invisible Brainiac, of course. So thanks baby!

You're welcome baby!

PS, you're such a flatterer [Razz]

quote:
Originally posted by Blaze:

I immediately felt at home here and started posting on my second day. I found the posts witty, funny, and lively. Members respected each other's view and gave equal value to all posts, regardless of membership status.

I hope to make friends here too, as I know that this is a community brimming with humorous, intelligent, warm, and young (and young at heart) people with interesting personalities.

I didn't tell Blaze to say that. Honest [Big Grin]

--------------------

Raging Bull
Maverick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raging Bull           Edit/Delete Post     
It's funny to see some of my earliest days with the LMBP recounted through other people's eyes.

The beginning of my story is pretty typical. In the spring of 2001, I was lurking on the DC message boards when I saw that some posters were doing more than just talking about the Legion -- they were creating their own online personas and having fun with them. I signed up, and one of the people I got to know soonest was bellbookcandle/Seahorse -- whom I also had the opporunity to meet later that year. Unfortunately, he never made the move over to LW, but I'm glad we still manage to keep in touch through the magic of modern-day social media.

It's really the continuation of my "story" over the last 11 years that's been more amazing. Like Cobie said, there are times when I think of things that someone posted 9 or 10 years ago, and laugh out loud -- and marvel that the memory is still so vivid.

Some of my favorite recollections include:

- My first trip in 2001, when I met Seahorse, Terence, and Looks That Kill Lad (Paul). Memorable for so many reasons, both happy and sad.

- The utterly insane escapades that took place on the DCMBs forum for The Remarkable Worlds of Phineas B. Fuddle. Seriously, it was crazy. Part of the fun was seeing how much we could push Rob Kamphausen before he actually dropped the ban hammer. Side note: Boaz Yakin, the esteemed creator of Phineas B. Fuddle, also birthed such cinema classics as Dirty Dancing 2: Havana Nights.

- The almost-as-crazy posting period on the intermediate MB that immediately followed the DCMBs. I forget the name of it, but it was almost completely freeform because you didn't have to create a fixed screen name and commit to posting under it -- you could just make a new post under whatever name you wanted at the time. Needless to say, there were a lot of alts...

- Rob Kamphausen's boards, for a brief period. Most of his hangers-on there epitomized the definition of "troll."

- The Dallas meet-up (that steakhouse with all the cut up neckties!); the Boston meet-up; and, of course, San Diego 2008. (I have a funny feeling I walked by Ex at some point during the con, and just never knew it...) The rooftop at San Diego, then ice cream at Ghirardelli's, and the dueling pianos place... double-fisting drinks...

- Riding back to Pov's with Cobie after the Boston con. That was most definitely a CRAZY couple of hours I'll never forget -- nor ever speak of again!

- Plus all the mini meet-ups across the country and in England over the years -- beer, pizza, BBQ, margaritas, and haggis! (Not all at the same time...) Riding a log flume with OMEGA Matt... testing the limits of Abin's agoraphobia on the Stratosphere tower!

I look forward to seeing what the next decade will bring.

--------------------
♦ Translated from 31st century Texan to 21st century English ♦

From: The open range | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.