Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » It's Saturday night, why aren't you dancing? (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: It's Saturday night, why aren't you dancing?
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Oh, just stubbed my toe on a rock. Really clumsy of me, cleome. But thanks for the empathy [Smile]

When will YOU be free of the brace? Hope the weather's good where you are.

Once the weather cools down again in Fall, IB, I'll be able to put it away for awhile. At least so long as I'm not doing a job where I have to walk and stand all day long.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Hope Fall gets there soonest, Amy. I think it'll start in September?

I thought my toe was alright since it got injured more than a month ago, but I have to put ice on it every now and then, especially after I've done some strenuous kicking or swimming. Sure would be nice if modern medicine could fix all our injuries permanently, instead of requiring us to do some maintenance work!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
No kidding.

I need to start doing my Yoga again. I know that's helped before. Plus, I just bulldozed our studio room a couple of weeks ago. So now there's actually enough space (barely) to unroll a Yoga mat.

(I swear, I shredded and recycled enough old papers to fill a freight car. And most of them weren't even mine. [Razz] The things I do for love, honestly... I found receipts and bank statements crumpled under the desk that dated back to 2003... Grife...)

[ July 21, 2012, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: cleome46 ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I took Yoga once, and it actually IS really tiring! I prefer self-defense classes though (but all that kicking is murder on my toe!)

Greenpeace owes you! I clean my room once a year, and it isn't that much fun either. Most of my junk is up in the attic now. It's all mine, though, so I shouldn't complain [Razz]

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

We've got no basement and no attic at chez_cleome. I can only assume the house went up in a big hurry when it was built and they just forgot.

[No]

I try to never bring anything home without getting rid of something else, but it's hard to persuade the other person who lives here to ever throw anything away, or donate it.

[sigh]

What kind of classes are you taking, IB?

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Would Mr. Cleome agree to a garage sale?

I've been dabbling in Krav Maga, the Israeli self-defense art. It's not a martial art per se, since it's all about learning how to defend yourself in real-life. All "sparring" is for practice only, and they don't hold any tourneys. I already feel a bit more confident about hitting the dangerous parts of town!

--------------------

cleome46

That sounds cool, IB. I dabbled in mixed martial arts years ago, but there seemed to be a lot of interpersonal drama between the instructors and I guess it put me off. (And, uh... let's just say some of my fellow students had some really old-fashioned ideas about women. [Roll Eyes] )

Right now a garage sale would be too hard, since I'm trying to find more work on weekends.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

! chauvinism, drama and martial artists. What an awful mix. I promised to show Blaze some of the moves I learned, too [Smile]

Here's to finding good work with good bosses and good working conditions, cleome!

--------------------

cleome46

[Cheers]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

This calls for a bottle of Bailey's! Or heck, one bottle of each flavor!

--------------------

cleome46

Yesterday, I mixed coconut milk with creme de cacao and coffee liqueur, then poured it over crushed ice.

[Kono] You can't eat it from a cone, but otherwise it's a perfect dessert.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Sounds heavenly! [Kono]

My friends and I like mixing cheap strawberry- and apple-flavored vodka with mango and pineapple juices. Also quite a sweet treat. Just don't leave it lying around where kids might taste!

--------------------

cleome46

[Fruit Boy]

I would try that, particularly anything involving mangos.

Anyway, I should probably retire for the night. Until tomorrow, LMB.

[Dream Girl]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

*sends Cleome some Strawberry-Mango vodka*

[Cheers] and good night!

--------------------

SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
... because I have to go to a stupid block party

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.