Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » New York Comic-con, (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: New York Comic-con,
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Sarcasm Kid, I looked on the main ticket site:

http://www.nycomiccon.com/App/homepage.cfm?moduleid=2577&appname=100453

...and, no, it looks like Saturday is sold out. Sunday's still available though...

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks to anyone who tried to help. You would've been a blessing in more ways then you could understand. Sounded if the "never mind" was too blase.

On another note, does the LL & Black Orchid commish idea sound weird?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Considering that I once asked Mike Grell to do a sketch of Lana Lang based on his work on this cover:

http://comics.org/coverview.lasso?id=27994&zoom=4

...trust me, I don't think anything is "too weird". [Wink]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, you think it might be weird to ask for two if I can't make up my mind? One of LL, and the LL/BlO one?

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
hope it worked out, Sarky. Hope to see you there!

I'm about to hit the road for a late-afternoon arrival.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

I'm sorry I didn't see you guys, but it did work out. And I'm getting an LL commission from Joe Prado tomorrow, and, hopefully, a Duela Dent commission from Amanda Conner!

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
NYCCC weekend pass ... $50
Adventure Comics #0 autographed by Al Plastino ... $1
Donation to HERO Initiative after winning raffle for personalized drawing by George Perez ... $100

Meeting and hanging with Quiset, Exnihil, l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN, Robo & Kent ... priceless

<splash>

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Totally agree, Shark Lad. I had such a wonderful time. As I told you and Quislet over lunch, it was a wholly unique experience for me to just kick back and "talk Legion" with people who actually... you know... know what I'm talking about!

I had a great time, and it was a pleasure meeting all of you.

--------------------

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
((envy))

I want to do something like that here, too. Someday. :/

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
((envy))

I want to do something like that here, too. Someday. :/

Start saving pennies. I am sure there will be another Legion World gathering at the San Diego con.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
It was great hanging with Exnihil (darn his wife for putting him on his guard), Shark Lad, l.e.g.i.o.n. John, Robo, and Kent (for making the drive down). And as great as Legion World is, there is something special in the face-to-face real life meetings.

Shark Lad's George Perez drawing is beautiful. Robo is a real funny guy.

And the Wonder Woman animated movie is sooooooooooooo good!

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah, Quis. I'm too realistic to contemplate a trip anywhere further from home than downtown Seattle for the foreseeable future. I have fond memories of both S.F. and Chicago cons from days gone by, but...

I'm thinking more like something super-local connected to the Cons that are sometimes held at PDX's Convention Center, if I could persuade the other Oregonians to show up and meet. We have Stumptown Comics Fest every year now, too-- and there's more overlap between the traditional superhero geek and the "alternative" hipster fans than most of the local lifestyle rags like to admit. At least, that's been my observation.

[Hmmm?]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
It was great hanging with Exnihil (darn his wife for putting him on his guard), Shark Lad, l.e.g.i.o.n. John, Robo, and Kent (for making the drive down). And as great as Legion World is, there is something special in the face-to-face real life meetings.

Shark Lad's George Perez drawing is beautiful. Robo is a real funny guy.

And the Wonder Woman animated movie is sooooooooooooo good!

had fun seeing Quis & Kent again and it was great to meet Exnihil & Shark lad in the flesh was great and i'm glad you all got to meet my good friend Robo. hey had a blast hanging out with all of you.

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
cleome, you've seen this, right?

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Robo is a blast! He makes Abin seem tame (even the real-life Abin!)

It was cool to see Exxy again. As I arrived rather dazed from 6 hours on the road (and having to shell out $30 for parking!), he played tour guide for me to give me the half-hour "best of" tour of the floor. Thnaks, Exxy!

It also turns out we grew up 20 miles form each other, and have mutual friends/acquantances.

Great to see Quis and L-John again.

If not for John's extra pass, I wouldn't have bothered checking out the con itself. At this point, I'm much more interested in hanging with LW friends than going to cons themselves. And now that I know where he lives, he can expect lots of crank pizza deliveries. ( [Wink] not.)

I got to surprise Quis by phoning him Friday night - at his hotel. Apparently he forgot for 5 minutes or so that he'd told us what hotel he was staying at.

I only got to hang with Sharky for a lil bit, but he's a great guy! He's the easiest one to spot in a crowd, because of his fins.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.