Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Next Gathering (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  39  40  41   
Author Topic: The Next Gathering
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Arm Fall Off Boy:
Lardy, just wear the same outfit as in the "famous picture" and I'll know it's you! [LOL]

My son and I will likely be there all day Saturday.

I don't know for sure that I'll be there, but it's more likely than my going to any other con, at least.

(Say, did we ever formally brand that as LW Picture of the Year for 2008? [Big Grin] )

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
I'm unlikely to do either of those.

If I do anything this summer, late August looks like the best time... but if I'm not in Alberta in early August, WorldCon in Montreal might be tempting (Aug 6-10), as I know at least one non-LW friend will be there.

I'm a little comic-conned out right now, myself. Worldcon is more general SF... but even a non-con meet-up could be a lot of fun. We've done some in the past (Vegas, Niagara, and small gatherings).

A while back we talked about a camping/cabin gathering. Does late August look good for anyone else?

I'd love to get together with folks this summer, if people are interested. Heading up into the mountains might be a cool way to bring the westerners together.

Though I'm not planning on attending the San Diego con per se, if a bunch of people are going and are planning a dinner on Saturday, let me know. I'd love to drive down for the evening.

From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
cool! Sierras or NorCal could be a lot of fun. Yosemite looks a little too touristy. How about up in Redwoods territory?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Whoa. Stumptown is only a week or so away (4/18-19/09). It always catches me by surprise. I always try to go at least one day, since several of my buddies have exhibits/tables there. Let me know if there's a chance that I might see any LMB-types there, too.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm gonna be in Tampa Monday and Tuesday, Vee you home?

Wed to Saturday is Jacksonville, any LMBPers around there?

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
I finally booked my hotel for SDCC this year.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
tres bien.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mechana
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mechana           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey everyone! I haven't been around in a while-- has there been a roll call for SDCC this year?

I'll be there!

From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Yay! Me too! [Wink]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Sweet! It will be nice to see you both again!

--------------------
ActorLad

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Just a reminder if anyone's interested, HeroesCon in Charlotte NC, June 19-21. DC and Marvel are actually going to have setups there. That may not be much for you NY or SDCC guys, but for us in the South it's like getting color TV all over again.

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Alas, a trip this year to San Diego is not in the financial cards, even the credit type. Would someone please, please, please be able to pick up the Wonder Twins and Gleek for me? I'd be ever so appreciative.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
Alas, a trip this year to San Diego is not in the financial cards, even the credit type. Would someone please, please, please be able to pick up the Wonder Twins and Gleek for me? I'd be ever so appreciative.

I can try! (I'm going to comic-con free of charge, woo!) But I'm going to need very specific instructions because I pretty much fail otherwise. ><

IN OTHER NEWS...

Anyone going to be in the Bay Area in two weeks? Because there is a Blackest Night Party in San Francisco on July 18th!! And Geoff Johns is going to be there!! And I really want to go, but I'm feeling kind of shy to go by myself. (I know, me? Shy? Go figure.)

So, if anyone is interested, let me know!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

My spicy soul-mate is going to make it? Wicked-Sweet! Are you going to be there for the whole con?

--------------------
ActorLad

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
No idea. I'm sort of juggling things and, honestly, this time around I just wanna hang loose and maybe catch a few things here and there. I refuse to stress myself out. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  39  40  41   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.