Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Quislet's Super Law Firm...of Space! (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  37  38  39   
Author Topic: Quislet's Super Law Firm...of Space!
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
About STU's alleged slip and fall in SHAKES:

1. Since SHAKES is subject to California law, he has only one year from the date of alleged injury to file suit.

2. STU is an employee of SHAKES (official mascot), therefore, his alleged injury is an employment related injury. His sole recourse is Worker's Compensation (Bwaaah haa haaa haa - evil laugh). The statute of limitations for WC claims is likely shorter than one year.

3. Third, STU is a well known booze hound. If he fell, there is no doubt that he contributed significantly to his injuries.

4. Fourth, we are well insured. Please submit your claim to our carrier. Their claims adjuster, D. Nyem Awl, will contact you shortly.

[ December 24, 2003, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: Semi Transparent Fellow ]

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Quis just checking the place out!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mekt Ranzz
singular.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mekt Ranzz           Edit/Delete Post     
if my brother is inhabiting the body of a person not related to me, is he still my brother?

[LightningLord1]

From: out & about | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:
About STU's alleged slip and fall in SHAKES:

1. Since SHAKES is subject to California law, he has only one year from the date of alleged injury to file suit.

2. STU is an employee of SHAKES (official mascot), therefore, his alleged injury is an employment related injury. His sole recourse is Worker's Compensation (Bwaaah haa haaa haa - evil laugh). The statute of limitations for WC claims is likely shorter than one year.

3. Third, STU is a well known booze hound. If he fell, there is no doubt that he contributed significantly to his injuries.

4. Fourth, we are well insured. Please submit your claim to our carrier. Their claims adjuster, D. Nyem Awl, will contact you shortly.

STU's status as an employee is questionable. Does he, as offical mascot, receive compensation? If he does not, then he is merely a patron of your establishment and may sue on the tort of negligence.

And depending on the nature of STU's fall, whther he was intoxicated or not may be irrelevant.

Does Mr. Awl work for the firm Dewey, Cheetum, & Howe?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by icefire:
Hey Quis just checking the place out!!!!

Icey,

Would you like a private tour of my orifices er... I mean offices?
[Embarrassed]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by Mekt Ranzz:
if my brother is inhabiting the body of a person not related to me, is he still my brother?

[LightningLord1]

Aren't we all brothers? Oh wait that's philosophy not law.

This seems to be an unique issue never before tried before a court. It appears to be an issue of fact best left to a trier of facts. However a telling fact is that you refer to this person as your brother. Therefore you must, on some level, accept as your brother.

--------------------

Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the advice, Quis!

I've got another question for ya.

A poster who's lurking here keeps pinching my butt! However, since she or he doesn't actually show up on the "Recent Visitors" line, I don't know who it is.

Can I simply sue Legion World for allowing this sort of appalling behavior to go on? (I think we can assume that the culprit(s) could be any number of the posters here. My butt, after all, is too temptingly pinchable to resist.)

Please help...!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

STU,

You seem to be in a sue-happy mood. (I suppose I better be careful or you may sue me too. So I guess it it time for Disclaimer: I will not be giving any legal advice that you should take. The information I give is for entertainment and education purposes only. If you have a real legal issue, you should consult a lawyer in your own area of the world. )

That said, now let's see this allegedly pinchable butt.

Hmmmmmmm!!!!!!! Yes definitely pinchable. Still it wasn't Legion World who pinched it, was it?

You really can't sue anyone (whether a business or a person) for the actions of another. Unless, of course, that person or business actively encouraged, endorsed, or tolerated the said actions and had a duty to prevent said actions from occurring. For example, the owner of a hockey rink doesn't have a duty to keep you warm. even if you personally don't know that hockey rinks are cold. However, most businesses have a duty to prevent sexual harassment (defined as unwanted contact, either physical or verbal, that is of a sexual nature).

That being said, have you reported these butt pinchings to the proper Legion World authority (ies)? If so, what was their response? If they investigated and made efforts to stop this activity (if it is unwanted), then they are off the hook as it were.

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Not to butt in on all this lawyer stuff, but maybe STU should just invest in some flea powder and a good vacuum. The "pinching" might go away.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Fat Cramer,

Seeing as you gave practical advice and not any legal advice, we can let it pass.

However, I will have to bill you for taking my valuable time in drafting and writing this response. Oh and for some legal research to make sure that your advice wasn't legal advice.

Hmmm is there any other way I can pad this bill? Oh did I say that out loud? Umm If it pleases the Court, I withdraw that last statement about padding a bill. There, now that it is off the record, it is like I never said it.

[ December 29, 2003, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq ]

--------------------

Stu
Time Trapper

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
That being said, have you reported these butt pinchings to the proper Legion World authority (ies)? If so, what was their response?

I reported it to Nighty. He responded by pinching my butt! [Eek!]
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Well, it sounds like you have a case.

If you would like to pursue it, I would be willing to represent you.

My fee is $950.00 an hour. You will also be responsible for paying the expenses of any expert witnesses, legal research, filing fees, postage, and copying. I'll require a retainer of $100,000.00, to be replenished on a monthly basis as needed.

How much is Legion World and/or Nightcrawler worth, by the way?

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Oh wait, STU. I just realized as I am on a retainer to have this thread on Legion World, there is a conflict of interest. I can't represent you.

--------------------

Stu
Time Trapper

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
How much is Legion World and/or Nightcrawler worth, by the way?

Registering the Legion World domain name: $100

Maintaining the Legion World server: $250

Seeing Nighty flustered and flabbergasted: priceless [Big Grin]

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

STU,

You might want to be careful that Nightcrawler doesn't file a harassment suit against you for filing a frivolous lawsuit.

A court on its own could fine you for filing a frivolous lawsuit. Defined in this case as one meant only to harass.

--------------------

This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  37  38  39   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.