Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences (Page 59)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  64  65  66   
Author Topic: 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:

I trust everyone's pets were happy to see them again.

Hyvvie nearly jumped out of his skin when he saw his daddy. There were lots of beagle kisses that followed!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saturn Girl
Always Leave Them Spellbound

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saturn Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
If you wondered why I made Scott take pictures of the people inside the Kenneth Cole of New York shop (Vegas pics) it was because that woman in the red shawl is Charlese Theron! Well, to be honest we weren't 100% sure it was her, but I am 90% sure it was, so I'm counting this woman as my celebrity sighting of the Vegas experience.
From: Utah (non-Mormon!!!) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Love it Ronda! Looks really good! Rob, I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Have either of you had scabbing yet? Especially you Ronda, having color done. Caroline's went perfect, no issue. Mine scabbed over after a couple of days and I've been losing colored skin. [Smile] But, it hasn't affected the tat or its color and it is nearly healed completely now. Doing color is a lot harder on the skin.

Either of you up for another? I already have plans of getting the Founders added under my L*.

I had a little peeling, but no scabbing. I wouldn't say the experience was bad. But I'll probably only do some correction on this one. One tattoo is enough for me. I did have a little color in mine. There is a small triangle on the top of the symbol, which I had colored pink.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mechana
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mechana           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
quote:
Love it Ronda! Looks really good! Rob, I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Have either of you had scabbing yet? Especially you Ronda, having color done. Caroline's went perfect, no issue. Mine scabbed over after a couple of days and I've been losing colored skin. [Smile] But, it hasn't affected the tat or its color and it is nearly healed completely now. Doing color is a lot harder on the skin.

Either of you up for another? I already have plans of getting the Founders added under my L*.

I had a little peeling, but no scabbing. I wouldn't say the experience was bad. But I'll probably only do some correction on this one. One tattoo is enough for me. I did have a little color in mine. There is a small triangle on the top of the symbol, which I had colored pink.
Yeah, mine is totally scabbing over and flaking off in black and red chunks. It's kind of freaky actually. Hopefully it heals soon!

I definitely want more, but first I need time to forget how much this one hurt. The shading part wasn't bad, but the outline was WAY more painful than I was expecting. I want some larger tattoos, but I'm not sure if i could stand it.

From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by mechana:
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
quote:

Yeah, mine is totally scabbing over and flaking off in black and red chunks. It's kind of freaky actually. Hopefully it heals soon!

I definitely want more, but first I need time to forget how much this one hurt. The shading part wasn't bad, but the outline was WAY more painful than I was expecting. I want some larger tattoos, but I'm not sure if i could stand it.

I had a little stinging but no pain at all during mine. Not sure if its pain tolerance or how the artist applies the color. Color is supposed to hurt more because of the multiple needles being used.

Mine finally dropped off the last color/waxy/skin/scab today. All back to normal in a little over a week. Not too bad from what I've read.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, my tattoo flaked a bunch. And boy did it hurt on my spine! But, man... so worth it. [Smile]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
My tat of Invisible Kid is doing well. You can't even see an scabs, scarring, or flaky ickyness.
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saturn Girl
Always Leave Them Spellbound

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saturn Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
Tell you what, I am now addicted to tattooing, and I plan to get another one as soon as possible. Found a shop in Utah County that gets very high ratings and has an artist who specializes in portraits and another artist for pin-up and celebrity tats (like Marilyn Monroe who is one of his favs to do). My very next tat is going to be a black cat with vampire fangs and bat wings and a demon tail. She has green eyes and will have deep purple shading, as well as little purple hearts with bat wings 'flying' around her. I may add a tiny orange pumpkin next to one of the cat's feet. After that, I want a pentagram, and someday I want a portrait of Elvis doing a snear to which I want vampire fangs added! Woot!!
From: Utah (non-Mormon!!!) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
And now,

A DISPATCH FROM THE FUTURE...

Comic-Con 2033 has been awesome so far. It's been great catching up with all my LW buds... seems like everyone has something new to share.

Personally, I'm grateful for all the new technology that's been developed over the last few years. Especially appreciated is the auto-pixelator, which clips to my collar and automatically renders my image undiscernible in photos.

Cobie brought 11 of his 21 kids with him. (Seems he was inspired by this family: http://www.duggarfamily.com/index.html .) They all love comics.

ActorLad started bringing his own crew of sherpas a few years ago to help haul around his stuff. The big exclusive item this year is the life-size Fin Fang Foom figure, which comes in 10 separate 200-pound crates and requires a crane to assemble.

Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, Quislet, and mechana are continuing the tradition, started 25 years ago, of getting a new tattoo to commemorate Comic-Con. I think Scott now has the entire Legion and is working on the Subs.

I gotta sign off now... Judd Winick's going to be at the panel celebrating 75 years of the Legion. I still find it offensive that they would include him, notwithstanding the 14 years he's spent writing the Legion (or the 9 years he's spent drawing it). Anyway, I want to be first in line so that I can get a front-row seat, and... well, you know... [cracks knuckles and flexes punching muscles]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
RE: Cobie's family. That's just wrong. On so many levels.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Click for fullsize image

Is CJ missing a hand?
Hmmkay, so when I make the super photoshopped version of this badboy, who am I adding in that was present but unaccounted for at the time of picture-taking?

Scott, Caroline, Rhonda, Cobie...I know there's a couple missing. who took the photo?!

Mel send me your email address and I'll send you one taken by a stormtrooper, not sure its got "everyone" in it but its pretty big.

[ August 06, 2008, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: Faraway Lad ]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Didn't we ask a Stormtrooper (or some other Star Wars guy) to take one of the photos?

Otherwise, it might be Scott. I don't think Caroline, Ronda, or Cobie were at the table on Saturday morning.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Click for fullsize image

Is CJ missing a hand?
Hmmkay, so when I make the super photoshopped version of this badboy, who am I adding in that was present but unaccounted for at the time of picture-taking?

Scott, Caroline, Rhonda, Cobie...I know there's a couple missing. who took the photo?!

Well, I was missing but I don't think that's what you meant MEL [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Gigi and Abin! They were taking the pictures. But I know there's at least one or two somewhere with EVERYONE that was present. We just have to find it...

And Raven, too. She had to leave early.

[ August 05, 2008, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: Caliente ]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man
All Powerful Lord of Castle Zardi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
That idiot Abin obviously screwed up when he e-mailed the all inclusive photos to both MEL and Gary.

I'll slap the lout upside his head and have him resend them.

--------------------
Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.