Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences (Page 58)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by STU:
Nice tats, all!

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Here are our Disneyland pics. Working on uploading our tat pics and the rest of the con pics.

Some great pics of Disneyland. Isn't New Orleans Square cool? Did you get into the hobby of collecting Disney pins? I tell ya, it's horribly addicting!
Caroline got started on the Tinker Bell pins. And was disappointed we didn't realize that if she had worn the lanyard and pins we got she could have started trading and getting special pins before we left. Guess we'll be making another trip soon. [Smile]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
And here are our tattoo pics. The artist, Kevin Dickinson, has a site for his work. The shop he's currently working at is Nothing Sacred Tattoo at 319 Market Street. Hopefully he'll still be there when we go back to SD. He really put us at ease and was great.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Here are the pics I took from around the con. Some may be repeated but this is the album I loaded all of them up to. You'll notice that Legion World was definitely with us at times. Even waiting in line for the Legion panel.
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Here are the pics I took from around the con. Some may be repeated but this is the album I loaded all of them up to. You'll notice that Legion World was definitely with us at times. Even waiting in line for the Legion panel.

I see some of the pictures that has me there...I m the guy who wore Green Lantern t-shirt...and hated the double-chinner on my face....ewwww...gotta work to remove it. [Frown]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Sorry I didn't get the chance to introduce myself while you were there superboymddjr.
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
It doesn't seem like it's been a week since we all said good-bye.

[Hug] [Hug] [Hug] go out to everyone! I'm so looking forward to our next gathering, wherever and whenever it may be!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by STU:
Nice tats, all!

quote:
Here are our Disneyland pics. Working on uploading our tat pics and the rest of the con pics.

Some great pics of Disneyland. Isn't New Orleans Square cool? Did you get into the hobby of collecting Disney pins? I tell ya, it's horribly addicting!
Caroline got started on the Tinker Bell pins. And was disappointed we didn't realize that if she had worn the lanyard and pins we got she could have started trading and getting special pins before we left. Guess we'll be making another trip soon. [Smile]
Well, you'll have to let me know when. I love Disneyland and even being just an hour away, don't get there nearly often enough!
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Sorry I didn't get the chance to introduce myself while you were there superboymddjr.

Don't worry...next year if youre going there - we will be sure to introduce to each other on the first day! [Smile]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

or perhaps at the Wonder Con in Feb 2009?
Saturn Girl
Always Leave Them Spellbound

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saturn Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, tell me about it. I spent $160 on Tinkerbell collector pins.........
From: Utah (non-Mormon!!!) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by mechana:
Cali: always the center of attention. Oh, to be young again!

I... resemble that remark! I enjoyed seeing you again, Ronda. (I was at SDCC '06, too.) I just have to say one of the highlights for me was when Chris Batista tried to introduce me to you. I was just like, "Whoa," 'cause (although I'm ashamed to admit it) I really didn't realize what an amazing creator you were the first time around. I was a bit star struck! It was cool. [Smile] And to be nominated for an Eisner-- amazing. Hope to see you again soon!

Also, why is it that in all my non-posed pictures, my mouth is open?

....never mind...... ><

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mechana
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mechana           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Cali. I totally remember you from '06. Did I put you in the "just met" section of my post? My brain is fried from lack of sleep these days, sorry!
From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I missed superboymddjr too - and Askanspion. Did she stop by the table?

I did have lunch with Ravenette (and Abin, Rocky and Sean) - haven't seen her in any pictures but might have missed some - too bad she had to leave early. She's very funny.

Ronda, we had that incredibly long conversation. Don't you remember? [Wink]

What is it with Quislet getting into all these beds?

Great pics here. Scott got a lot in the exhibit hall (I hardly took any and none in the hall). That's me sitting on the chair with my head in my hands, waiting for the Legion panel! So tired and had such a headache at that point - I just walked back into the line once the doors opened, and nobody complained.

For me, the best part definitely was meeting the Legion people and hanging out at the table. I never got to all the panels I'd intended, nor all the exhibits; I took it all pretty much hit or miss, avoided the longest lines and went outside frequently. I never did adjust to the time difference, and I'm not much of a party person in any event, so I crashed much earlier than I would have liked in the evening.

A few sad things happened - a baby
stroller rolled by me and I saw that the mother had collapsed a few feet away - but there were immediately many people there to help. Some people had things stolen or go missing. As we know, some people had to leave early. There were the inevitable disappointments (a minor one for me was the scarcity of cheap old comics). But I was amazed how well the whole thing worked, given that many people moving around.

I trust everyone's pets were happy to see them again.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Great pics here. Scott got a lot in the exhibit hall (I hardly took any and none in the hall). That's me sitting on the chair with my head in my hands, waiting for the Legion panel! So tired and had such a headache at that point - I just walked back into the line once the doors opened, and nobody complained.

Hope you didn't mind me posting it Nancy. It was just such a perfect picture of how a lot of us were feeling, especially after the long lines, walking and con garbage food.

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
I trust everyone's pets were happy to see them again.

Our kids were extremely happy to have us home. The two girls especially. The boys didn't want anything to do with us the first few hours but have since not left us alone. Back to sleeping in a bed with four cats.
Lightning Lad
Founder

Here are the last of the images from the trip. These are the ones I took in Vegas. If you look closely you may see some visitors from the Faraway Embassy.
  This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.