Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 57)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
walkwithcrowds
Skinny wee Scottish guy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkwithcrowds   Email walkwithcrowds         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Tekwych (reminds me of sandwhich - Damn! Now I'm hungry) Welcome to Legion World. I'll go and check out your site and let yu know how I got on. Hope to see a lot more of you on the boards.

Welcome aboard mate.

--------------------
Be lucky

From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Techwych! Weloome to our little corner of the Universe. Glad you decided to join us.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
izi
Single

Icon 1 posted      Profile for izi   Author's Homepage   Email izi         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, so much energy and nice people around here, maybe I'll pop in and say hi..

Name:Izi
I live: On the West Coast
What I do:Right now I'm an Art Student, majoring in Illustration since I want to become a comic book illustrator(my goal since I was 3)

L.E.G.I.O.N info:I started late, around 1999, 2000 when I got a whole packet of old comics from different series at a yard sale and Legionnaires number 1 was in it and I liked the art of it(Chris Sprouse was the penciller right?)and I just loved Apparation and her relationship with Ultra Boy so when I found more Legion books I bought them,but they were from different eras and different books so i was confused to say the least,but i loved Apparation(I have a thing for intangibility ala Shadowcat and Appparation)and then invisible Kid 1. So I kept buying them and then the 2005 reboot came out and I thought it'd be a good chance to catch up on the whole past, so to speak and now I'm loving Legion.And now I find myself liking Light Lass and Element Lad more and more.Whew that was a long one.

Anything else I'd like to add...Uhmmm...Nothing else, except please be nice to me as I learn more about the Legion of Superheros

From: Not telling | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi izi! Check out the 101+ Things All True Legion Fans Know Thread on the Legion board, which should help you to get caught up! [Wink]

Seriously, though, I'm sure you'll find this to be one of the most friendly and welcoming groups on the internet, and we've got fans from all eras of the Legion!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome GreenLanternLad and Tekwych and whoever else I've missed over the past few pages as well!

(I really should check this thread more often!)

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi izi! Glad you found your way here. As EDE said (that would be Eryk...we like to shorten everyone's name around here though I don't think YOU need to worry about that! [Big Grin] ) this is by far the friendliest place on the web I have ever come across. Sure we'll argue about which 'boot of the Legion is the best but everyone will agree that The LSH is best.

You'll also find a wealth of knowledge here that is simply astonishing. Ask any question about the Legion and you will get an accurate answer faster than you can possibly imagine. So have no fear about asking questions.

And perhaps of the most interest to you, the artistic talent here is tremendous. Take a look through the "Bit's" forum and you will see what I mean, not to mention that Barry Kitson, the artist extraordinaire of the current series is a regular poster and shares his pencils and inks of the cover with us before they are seen anywhere else!

Have fun and make yourself at home!

Vee

[ June 30, 2006, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkwithcrowds
Skinny wee Scottish guy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkwithcrowds   Email walkwithcrowds         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Izi. It's that your real name (mine's is John) or is it short for anything? My mums name is Isobel and she gets called Izi - although I,ve never considered how you would spell that...Izzy?

Anyway welcome on board, Vee and EDE are right, this is a really friendly place and everyone is very helpful.

Now, you have to post a limerick and a photo of yourself and just have a hell of a lot of fun.

--------------------
Be lucky

From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Right, I haven't been aroudn for a while, so I thought I shoud reintroduce myself to the crowd. [Smile]

I'm Bruno from Edinburgh, Scotland...
ermm... what's to say...

I'm a translator, working for big international game companies producing Customizable Card Games among others...

Love sci-fi, Doctor Who, wearing kilts...

And here's my new tatooo!

-

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steampunk Lad
--

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steampunk Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Steampunk Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Name:Tobey
I live: In Seattle
What I do: Currently unemployed, and teaching myself Photoshop and Illustrator in the meantime.

I started reading Legion probably around the start of the Baxter days (LSH v3?) and really got hooked around the Great Darkness Saga, which to me is probably the strongest Legion story I can remember. I collected Legion off and on after that , and really got on board with the post-Crisis Legion stuff. Still an avid reader to this day, and I would say Wildfire, Mon-El and Element Lad are probably my favorite characters.

From: Bremerton, WA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkwithcrowds
Skinny wee Scottish guy

Hi Tobey.
Welcome aboard mate. Don't be shy and just jump in and start posting.
I know Paris looks really scary in the above photo but we are all really nice and he's more a teddy bear than grizzly bear. (I hope)

Still looks scary though.

--------------------
Be lucky

Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh I am a cuddly teddy bear indeed LOL

Actually, maybe we should revive the "Bears and cubs and otters Oh my god..." discussion thread one day [Smile]

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ravenette84
here by somewhat popular demand

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ravenette84   Author's Homepage   Email Ravenette84         Edit/Delete Post     
Hello everyone!!!
I'm Ravenette or Raven (yes Raven is my real name it not a TT thing so don't ask).
I met some of you in SD at con with L.E.G.I.O.N.john. For the rest of you I didn't meet... I was asked to join up and post, so here I is!

I'm 22,
live in the San Francisco bay area
I'm an Artist, painting (acrylics), photography, as well as inking and coloring.

As for what Legion stuff I know.... well I'm going to be a big dissapointment there. I'm sure if given a chance I'll learn lots from you fine folk and then get into it myself. But for now I'm here to look pretty and make somewhat shocking (yet tasteful) comments.

Please feel free to ask me anything you want to know.

--------------------
Sometimes it's not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning!

From: San Leandro, California | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, how do I begin?

Well, I'm Carrie Brown; some of you people may know me from various Legion PBeMs or "Brave And The Bold". for those people, you should recognize my username. [Wink]

Don't usually give out locale info and all, but I'm over 18. [Smile]

While I'd read some Legion in the 70's or reprinted stories from earlier, I only really got into collecting them with the "Legionnaires" title. Not cause I was such a fan of v4, but an issue 1 seemed the best way to go. Would select postboot (pre-Blight) as my favorite era; after that, it went all v4 and I let it go. Tried the 'threeboot', but... just didn't ring true to me.

Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tekwych   Author's Homepage   Email Tekwych         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ravenette84:
Hello everyone!!!

I'm an Artist, painting (acrylics), photography, as well as inking and coloring.

Welcome, got a link to any of your work? I'd love to see your style.

--------------------
I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure

From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ravenette84
here by somewhat popular demand

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ravenette84   Author's Homepage   Email Ravenette84         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Welcome, got a link to any of your work? I'd love to see your style
thanks for the welcome
you can go to this site to see some of my work.: http://ravenette13.deviantart.com/gallery

It has more photography than the other stuff, but it has other stuff too.

--------------------
Sometimes it's not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning!

From: San Leandro, California | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.